Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] British IS Girl wanting to return to the UK

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I think she can be charged with giving support to a terrorist organisation. Could be wrong though.

Ok, that does sound like the kind of vague thing they'd use to lock her away indefinitely.

There's kind of two sides to IS, on the one hand there's the terrorist 'organisation' (although it seems more like individuals who claim allegiance to IS, but whatever); and on the other there's the group who want to establish an Islamic caliphate in the middle-east as a kind of Islamic homeland.

The latter I'm having a hard time distinguishing from aims of Jews setting up Israel, but I guess that isn't important right now. But it does seem like the goals of IS in Iraq/Syria could be perceived as noble and heroic to devout muslims around the world, and could be seen as clearly distinct from terrorism (which most people of any creed disavow) even if the realities of that group were pretty abhorrent (which she has acknowledged).

Hey ho, this girl has become a pawn in a larger game. Whatever she may really be like - and going on what I've seen in the media, I don't really feel threatened by her at all - she's going to be treated as a problem and dealt with accordingly. I just hope her case doesn't inspire martyrs.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Being unhappy to have someone living near you doesn't really count for anything though. Otherwise I'd nuke Croydon.

Very naive of you. If a child killer was released from jail and then lived next door, I am sure that you would not be happy if you had kids.I am certain it would count then!

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Yep, there is no way people should be allowed to go abroad and fight for IS and then be permitted to come back and live as if nothing happened. And that's even without thinking of the potential for terrorist activity from these traitors.

After all, British people fighting for the Kurds who were essentially on our side, have been prosecuted.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yep, there is no way people should be allowed to go abroad and fight for IS and then be permitted to come back and live as if nothing happened. And that's even without thinking of the potential for terrorist activity from these traitors.

After all, British people fighting for the Kurds who were essentially on our side, have been prosecuted.

Is anyone suggesting these people return and carrying as if nothing has happened?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
It is unfortunate that the resources to combat these scum in the UK is already virtually exhausted and stretched to the limit.

It seems we will now have to have more of these scumbags repatriated here, meaning more surveillance etc on them....and resulting in less on the ones who are already here and happy to create carnage amongst our people, families and children.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It is unfortunate that the resources to combat these scum in the UK is already virtually exhausted and stretched to the limit.

It seems we will now have to have more of these scumbags repatriated here, meaning more surveillance etc on them....and resulting in less on the ones who are already here and happy to create carnage amongst our people, families and children.

Price of democracy. Truth is we’re simply unable to keep tens of thousands under surveillance which is why further attacks by suspectdd terrorists are inevitable.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

We take them back and put them on trial. As I was saying earlier in this thread, like it or not, they're British citizens and it shouldn't be left to others to have deal with them or their actions - We should be the ones doing it.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Comparing those thweets to what we usually see from him, I would suggest you're not actually agreeing with Donald Trump, you're agreeing with whichever of his advisers has control of his twitter feed while he is off golfing.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There's kind of two sides to IS, on the one hand there's the terrorist 'organisation' (although it seems more like individuals who claim allegiance to IS, but whatever); and on the other there's the group who want to establish an Islamic caliphate in the middle-east as a kind of Islamic homeland.

The latter I'm having a hard time distinguishing from aims of Jews setting up Israel
The Jews were being systematically exterminated and there was nowhere they could live where they were a majority. That's nothing like the situation for Muslims, they rule and have a majority population in many countries. I can't see any similarities.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

it will have to come from the man in the street ...
'it" being whatever "it" is .........the situation has been nurtured to bursting point by apologist policy on the behalf of the elected government ( snigger , snort , chortle)....what we now have is a suppurating boil ready to spread all over the country .....southerners just won't get it , it's pointless trying to debate, discuss or explain ....you won't know until it's too late.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here