Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] British IS Girl wanting to return to the UK

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The Special Immigration and Appeals Commission found all 3 had been made stateless and The Government had acted illegally and The Home Office decisions were overturned.

Something seriously wrong with the Special Immigration and Appeals Commission then - needs to be totally reformed or disbanded. Parliament can pass that as a law.

Anyway, she's married to a Dutch man, isn't she, who is the father of her child (who is also therefore entitled to be Dutch)? They can have her if Bangladesh doesn't want her.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Something seriously wrong with the Special Immigration and Appeals Commission then - needs to be totally reformed or disbanded. Parliament can pass that as a law.

Anyway, she's married to a Dutch man, isn't she, who is the father of her child (who is also therefore entitled to be Dutch)? They can have her if Bangladesh doesn't want her.

As I pointed out the other day, she 'married' a Dutch national in the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria Caliphate - I doubt The Kingdom of The Netherlands recognises the marriage as being official anymore than we would and they'll have a spot of bother finding a Consulate to certify their marriage certificate as a true copy of the original, assuming the happy couple were issued with one in the first place. She wont be going to Holland anymore than she'll be going to Bangladesh.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
As I pointed out the other day, she married a Dutch national in the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria Caliphate - I doubt The Kingdom of The Netherlands recognises the marriage as being official anymore than we would and they'll have a spot of bother finding a Consulate to certify their marriage certificate as a true copy of the original, assuming the happy couple were issued with one in the first place. She wont be going to Holland anymore than she'll be going to Bangladesh.

Oh bugger!

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
'Intention to deprive' her British citizenship.

So it hasn't happened yet and can't legally if to do so would make her stateless.

Not any more.

Jihadi bride, Shamima Begum,has had her British citizenship revoked by the Home Office.

The 19-year-old, who had expressed the desire to return to the UK with her newborn son, will now be banned from entering the country.

It is understood the teenager, who grew up in Bethnal Green east London, has dual Bangladeshi nationality, meaning the move will not render her stateless.

In a letter sent to her family in east London, officials said the Home Secretary, Sajid Javid, had made the decision in "light of the circumstances".

The letter read: "Please find enclosed papers that relate to a decision taken by the Home Secretary, to deprive your daughter, Shamima Begum, of her British citizenship.

Rot in hell girl.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Not any more.

Jihadi bride, Shamima Begum,has had her British citizenship revoked by the Home Office.

The 19-year-old, who had expressed the desire to return to the UK with her newborn son, will now be banned from entering the country.

It is understood the teenager, who grew up in Bethnal Green east London, has dual Bangladeshi nationality, meaning the move will not render her stateless.

In a letter sent to her family in east London, officials said the Home Secretary, Sajid Javid, had made the decision in "light of the circumstances".

The letter read: "Please find enclosed papers that relate to a decision taken by the Home Secretary, to deprive your daughter, Shamima Begum, of her British citizenship.

Rot in hell girl.

Read post #422

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Tories ignore the law and listen to the right wing press again, this ones gonna get messy.

She needs to come home and be dealt with under the law of the land

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Tories ignore the law and listen to the right wing press again, this ones gonna get messy.

She needs to come home and be dealt with under the law of the land

Common sense prevails and the 'do-gooder lefties' are infuriated.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

It's can kicking, nothing more, but there'll be quite a few lawyers licking their lips though at the prospect of her hearing at the Appeals Commission before this gets overturned.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Red for the Daily Mail I'm afraid

Not about "do good" its about "do right".

This is the UK not some kind of Banana Republic, if she wants to come home she can do so on her own steam but will face the courts.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Read post #422

Yes, but maybe the Special Immigration and Appeals Commission will get it right this time. Perhaps the suggestion that they might lose their nice cosy appointments has been made, and they are heeding it; self interest rules in political circles, after all...............................

Saltydog

Aug 29, 2011
Ocean Wave
No expert in this area but my understanding is that she is a British citizen only (as in does not hold dual citizenship) and as such we cannot revoke this as it would make her stateless. The child is also entitled to citizenship.

Not sure how this will play out but suspect when push comes to shove, putting the citizens rights aside it will come down to “human rights” ......

Hmmmm appears I was wrong and she may have rights to citizenship in a second country after all so will not be made “stateless”.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

This is the UK not some kind of Banana Republic, if she wants to come home she can do so on her own steam but will face the courts.
I think you'll find it's not just the daily mail lot who have little to no sympathy with the 'plight' of this girl.

You have badly misjudged the situation.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
It's can kicking, nothing more, but there'll be quite a few lawyers licking their lips though at the prospect of her hearing at the Appeals Commission before this gets overturned.

I know you are a stickler for the law and I do semi admire you for that. However you do seem to come across as a person that is desperate for her to be allowed back. Is that so?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Yes, but maybe the Special Immigration and Appeals Commission will get it right this time. Perhaps the suggestion that they might lose their nice cosy appointments has been made, and they are heeding it; self interest rules in political circles, after all...............................

What you consider right and what the law actually is are mutually exclusive though. Do you think Bangladesh will help her out and give her citizenship if she asks them nicely?

Anyway, apparently the Syrian Democratic Forces won't let her out the refugee camp she's in without official Government help and I don't suppose Bangladesh's Ministry of Foreign Affairs will be rushing there to help a foreign national anymore than The FCO have.

Last edited:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I know you are a stickler for the law and I do semi admire you for that. However you do seem to come across as a person that is desperate for her to be allowed back. Is that so?

She's our responsibility and shouldn't be dumped on someone else to have to deal with. Trump was right at the weekend - countries with nationals who've fought for IS need to take them back and put them on trial. She should be allowed back and locked up.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

It's not about 'going right' at all - it's doing what the law (or at least, highly paid lawyers eyeing up an enviable source of revenue) says to do. And sometimes, as we all recognise, the law is an ass (reforms of the law are available through Parliament, though I doubt the present lot could do anything other than balls it up).

And no, we're not a Banana Republic - and we don't want people here who want to turn us into one, or worse.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
She's our responsibility and shouldn't be dumped on someone else to have to deal with. Trump was right at the weekend - countries with nationals who've fought for IS need to take them back and put them on trial. She should be allowed back and locked up.

I'm not happy to pay for that with my taxes and will support the efforts to keep her out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here