Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Derby / FA Cup 5th Round

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I also think CH will stick with the 4-3-3 system, he obviously wants to move to that system so I'd be surprised if he changes it.

That would mean a rest for Propper. Arguably our best midfielder so let's not risk him from the start.

Kayal
Stephens
Bissouma

Kayal and Stephens to sit a bit deeper and allow Bissouma to go further forward to support the front 3

but the system he's playing is one sitting back, and 2 further forward

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Not enough threads on this. However to stay consistent, just play the strongest possible team, win, progress and then have a week off.

All this stuff about resting players is plain ridiculous, I'm sure they would rather play then train and I'm not sure if people realise you can get injured in training as well as games.

The 1st team need to work out where it has been going wrong in a game and not at Lancing.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007

Yes but I would think to start with it would be 2 sitting back, then how the game pans out move one of them further forward.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Ryan

Montoya
Duffy
Dunk
Bernardo

Bissouma
Propper
Kayal

Knocky
Locadia
Ali J

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Put the U23s out. Staying up has to be absolute priority and if Murray gets injured it will be Championship here we come.

Too true. With Andone suspended and Connelly going out on loan when he is fit (baffling that is), we are far better putting a youngster in to play up top rather than risking Murray. It would be madness to play Murray (and Duffy & Dunk) when we are sliding ever-closer to the bottom three.

I would love to have a good cup run but our scant resources, particularly up front, means that we have to prioritise staying in the PL.

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
I think the back 5 picks itself, that's a given. Balogun needs to play to get that last game and mistake out of his system. He would have been stewing about their goal I should imagine so get him back out there and he can show us why we got him in.

Button
Bruno
Balogun
Bernardo

I also think CH will stick with the 4-3-3 system, he obviously wants to move to that system so I'd be surprised if he changes it.

That would mean a rest for Propper. Arguably our best midfielder so let's not risk him from the start.

Kayal
Stephens
Bissouma

Kayal and Stephens to sit a bit deeper and allow Bissouma to go further forward to support the front 3. If we keep it tight at the back we will have the opportunities to score

Knockeart
Locadia
Ali J

Knocky deserves to start after his last two performances, he looked to be getting back to his feisty self. Ali J on the left but mixing it up with Locadia as and when. It was touch and go to include Gyokeres on the left but I think Ali J needs some match time as we'll need him match ready for the remaining games.

Murray for Locadia during the second half if we need a goal.

There's my thinking, now watch Hughton do something completely different! haha!

Have you omitted Burn?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Ish. Gross appears to currently be playing absolutely all over the shop. He's turned up at right back, left wing, he doesn't seem to know where he's playing.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Small mention in The Guardian about the match (from point of view of Derby) and they point out Frank has a precedent of putting out strong teams against higher placed opponents.

Screenshot 2019-02-15 at 10.36.57.png

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
No game for ages after this so I would be disappointed if Locadia plays instead of Murray.

Button

Bruno
Dunk
Burn
Bernardo

Stephens
Kayal

Bissouma

Knockaert
Ali J

Murray

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
This would be my selection. 4-4-1-1. Our best formation

Ryan. Cannot see why we would play Button. We're not a charity for back up keepers. Maty is our best goalie, He plays

Bruno. Big audition for a league start
Bernardo. Needs another game to shake off the rust
Dunk
Duffy. Harsh on Burn. This team is there to win

Propper. Holding role
Bissouma. Further forward
Knocky. Need to play him into form
Ali J. Show us what you can do Alireza

Gross. In the hole. His best position
Locadia. OK, we do have quite a liability on Murray getting injured. Locadia gets at least an hour to show he can play up front

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
David Robert Edmund Button

Bruno Saltor Grau
Shane Patrick Michael Duffy
Daniel Johnson Burn
Thomas Gaëtan Bong

Anthony Patrick Knockaert
Beram Kayal
Yves Bissouma