Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Blackpool FC.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
This club have been "in crisis" for so long that it defies belief. The day the Oystons sever all ties and the club can be taken over by fans or people who care for Blackpool FC will be a victory for football.

Just makes me feel sad for fans of the club but glad that we have Tony Bloom as owner.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
I've just had a text exchange with a Blackpool supporting mate who is part of the Supporters Trust - he says he may be going to his first home game for 4 years on the 23rd so that sounds pretty positive. I'm trying to get further insight from him.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This club have been "in crisis" for so long that it defies belief. The day the Oystons sever all ties and the club can be taken over by fans or people who care for Blackpool FC will be a victory for football.

Just makes me feel sad for fans of the club but glad that we have Tony Bloom as owner.

A Bill Archer stuck to the soles of their shoes, that won’t go away.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Hopefully this marks the start of a new beginning for the club without any involvement whatsoever from the Oystons

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

This.

And no doubt the EFL will be crowing about how pleased they are that under their excellent stewardship a positive outcome has been obtained. Like how they helped us when Archer decided to sell the Goldstone. If Edmund Burke were alive today he'd be turning in his grave....

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

Edit: and if he were alive today he'd say 'people' not 'men'. :lolol:

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
If Edmund Burke were alive today he'd be turning in his grave....

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

Actually, although Burke is often quoted as saying this, what he actually said was: "No man, who is not inflamed by vain-glory into enthusiasm, can flatter himself that his single, unsupported, desultory, unsystematic endeavours are of power to defeat the subtle designs and united Cabals of ambitious citizens. When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."

That's more akin to Benjamin Franklin's "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately" than how it's usually interpreted.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Actually, although Burke is often quoted as saying this, what he actually said was: "No man, who is not inflamed by vain-glory into enthusiasm, can flatter himself that his single, unsupported, desultory, unsystematic endeavours are of power to defeat the subtle designs and united Cabals of ambitious citizens. When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."

That's more akin to Benjamin Franklin's "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately" than how it's usually interpreted.
I must admit, I prefer the less wordy version.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
This.

And no doubt the EFL will be crowing about how pleased they are that under their excellent stewardship a positive outcome has been obtained. Like how they helped us when Archer decided to sell the Goldstone. If Edmund Burke were alive today he'd be turning in his grave....

He actually said 'If I don't like what you post then I'll put you IGNORE '

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Many thanks for that. Yes, you're right - a little more nuanced.

A litle less nuanced, but nevertheless lovely, is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGGW4IezbC4

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You'd hope , that under the circumstances, the powers that be will decide against a points deduction for Blackpool? The fans and the club have already been shafted excessively.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
You'd hope , that under the circumstances, the powers that be will decide against a points deduction for Blackpool? The fans and the club have already been shafted excessively.
You'd hope so. But they don't exactly have a good track record on such things.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

You'd hope so. But they don't exactly have a good track record on such things.

I have genuinely every sympathy for the Blackpool fans, but I disagree entirely. The receivers are in, debt is going to end up unpaid - there absolutely should be a deduction. Otherwise it sets a terrible precedent. We cannot have the football authorities setting themselves up as arbiters of what constitutes a 'good' or bad' receivership.

I'd say the same, even if the 12 points would relegate them. As things stand though, a potential 12 point drop takes Blackpool from 6 points outside the play-offs, to 2 points above the bottom 4. They have a side better than those down there though, and would surely climb to mid-table in a few weeks - especially with the feel good factor of the crowds coming back in.

Best of luck to them.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
This.

Well said.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here