Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] St. Valentine’s Day

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’ll stop and get Mrs TC a bunch of flowers on my way back from night shift and hopefully that will draw the matter to a close.

Couldn’t care less if I get anything in return or not.

Throw in a box of chocolates and I reckon I’d be on for a quick hand job at least.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Harry Wilson’s tackle is sending one to everyone on his ignore list. It’s nearly bankrupted him :)

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I can't say I've given it any thought/effort for at least a decade and my wife isn't bothered either.

I did take advantage of the dinner and wine for £20 thing from Waitrose though, very decent value. I'm sure by the time the kids are in bed and I get round to cooking it the occasion will have all the romance of a hand-shandy from a £20 hooker under the table at Chicken Cottage in Luton at 4am, but a good excuse to have a nice dinner at home.

I went with cheddar and emmental souffles for starter, rib-eye steaks with bearnaise butter and Charlotte potatoes for main, some kind of mint chocolate mousse things for dessert and a bottle of Les Dauphins Cotes du Rhone for anyone interested.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
M&S Deal for £20 - you get 3 courses with chocolates AND wine/fizz. Great value

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
:)

May I be bold as to suggest the chicken stroganoff? Lidl's £1.95. Sometimes, they knock them
out cheapo if they're due up. I've only had a dicky tummy a couple of times with them.
Calling [MENTION=34942]Dr. No[/MENTION].

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I have a knob of butter ready.

Edit: possibly the wrong place to put this - should have been on my marmalade thread.

Last edited:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Going to the curry leaf cafe then share a few glasses of wine. Nothing too OTT.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
To be fair, it depends on the reason for the pressing need for the bedroom window shutters...

To give you an idea, it's a wonderful aspect BUT the sun's rays flood in during the Summer months and so far the concept of shutters has been about two Valentine's and three or four Christmas pressies, it needs doing!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here