Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] St. Valentine’s Day

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
What have you got planned- dinner out on an overpriced set menu? Tesco 3 courses for £10?
A night in alone? Is it all good fun or a massive scam?!

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Nothing. I usually go out the night afterwards. Much cheaper.

(on my own of course :))

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
We normally cook a nice meal, I'll do starter, Mrs OW the main and then a bit of cheese, very nice and a quarter of the price of going out to pay double for a smaller portion of the same meal you'll buy out two weeks later.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Nothing. My wife hates it as well. Nothing but commercial bollox.

I tell my wife I love her every day and randomly buy flowers whenever. Aaaaahhhhh!! :kiss:

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Luckily for me my hugely under achieving girlfriend is cooking a meal for us. She really is too good for me ( apparently )

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Nothing. I thought the point of valentines day was to let someone know you fancied them in a secret way. We have been married 20 years so we are a bit past that. We do celebrate our wedding anniversary though.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I’ll stop and get Mrs TC a bunch of flowers on my way back from night shift and hopefully that will draw the matter to a close.

Couldn’t care less if I get anything in return or not.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Nothing. I thought the point of valentines day was to let someone know you fancied them in a secret way. We have been married 20 years so we are a bit past that. We do celebrate our wedding anniversary though.

Surely it's to sell cards, roses and fill restaurants?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Nothing. My wife hates it as well. Nothing but commercial bollox.

I tell my wife I love her every day and randomly buy flowers whenever. Aaaaahhhhh!! :kiss:

Cheap skate.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
We're going for a Chinese and have decided that instead of buying un-necessary gifts for each other we're going to jointly buy a new TV for our bedroom.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
We were going to see Steve Mason but he cancelled due to illness so we have booked this place instead http://www.kumpelundkeule.de/speisewirtschaft/

Looks good, back in the 80's there was a place in Hamburg that did fine steaks but all the seats were covered in cow hides and there was a distinct "farm yard" smell in the air, food was great but the place lacked any form of refinement! Kept at it for a good year or so before I couldn't take it any longer!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
We're going for a Chinese and have decided that instead of buying un-necessary gifts for each other we're going to jointly buy a new TV for our bedroom.

That's what we do, on the pressie front, this year it's shutters for the bedroom window, and who said romance was dead!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here