Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season ticket welcome packs

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I thought if you auto renewal you got nowt and the welcome pack only applied to those who are getting a ST for the first time.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I just renewed my season ticket for next season and was surprised to find that the welcome pack thing that normally you get for free is now £15. I didn’t buy one but was curious to know what was in them.
Has anyone bought one yet? Is anyone able to shed some light on what you get for your money please?

£15 ? blimey

If its the same as the bronze members welcome pack, as I recall there was a pen, a notepad, a usb stick, a 2 for 1 voucher for a stadium tour, a plastic wallet thing, a fixture list, all in a nice tin, all branded. Have to say I am using both the pen and the usb stick.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
I thought if you auto renewal you got nowt and the welcome pack only applied to those who are getting a ST for the first time.

All I know is that when I was renewing my season ticket (I’m a lump sum payer) it tried to add them on, not only when I added my season ticket to my basket, but again at the checkout. I had to decline the option twice.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
All I know is that when I was renewing my season ticket (I’m a lump sum payer) it tried to add them on, not only when I added my season ticket to my basket, but again at the checkout. I had to decline the option twice.

Ah I don't renew it always rolls over, this will probably be my last year I will though.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
£15 ? blimey

If its the same as the bronze members welcome pack, as I recall there was a pen, a notepad, a usb stick, a 2 for 1 voucher for a stadium tour, a plastic wallet thin// 2019/20 SEASON WELCOME PACK
SEASON TICKET HOLDERS CAN NOW PURCHASE AN ADDITIONAL WELCOME PACK. THE PACK INCLUDES MEMBERSHIP GIFTS AND SEVERAL DISCOUNT VOUCHERS. JUNIOR PACKS ARE JUST £10 AND ADULT PACKS £15.g, a fixture list, all in a nice tin, all branded. Have to say I am using both the pen and the usb stick.

Just found this. It says what’s in it and suggests that it’s in addition to the freebies we normally get.
// 2019/20 SEASON WELCOME PACK
SEASON TICKET HOLDERS CAN NOW PURCHASE AN ADDITIONAL WELCOME PACK. THE PACK INCLUDES MEMBERSHIP GIFTS AND SEVERAL DISCOUNT VOUCHERS. JUNIOR PACKS ARE JUST £10 AND ADULT PACKS £15.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Ah I don't renew it always rolls over, this will probably be my last year I will though.

I know what you mean. The more it goes up the more you wonder if it’s worth it. I’m knocking the away games on the head next season.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I know what you mean. The more it goes up the more you wonder if it’s worth it. I’m knocking the away games on the head next season.

Yep...haven't been to an away game now for 3 years...although I play golf every Saturday morning, so travel is a problem, but I have no interest in watching us away anymore.

Maybe it is just me, but I have had a few times where I have wondered if to go or not. Looking at the weather, I now wish I was playing the monthly stableford rather than the derby game.

wealdgull

NSC Patreon
Dec 7, 2017
Am I alone in suspecting that they don't expect a single person to take them up on the offer so haven't bothered to work out what to put in it?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I always thought these welcome packs were a waste of money.

I used to like the freebie season review / goals DVD's that we used to get when we were at Withdean, I still have each one of those. I suppose Premier League copyrights would probably put paid to that now (after all, NOTHING comes free when it comes to the PL).

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
So, in summary, you don't get a welcome pack if you're an existing season ticket holder and simply renewing.

But if you want one, you can buy one for £15.

Yes it would seem so. Received my renewal thing through the post today and it clearly says in there to purchase your welcome pack online.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I always thought these welcome packs were a waste of money.

Agreed, I can't think of a single thing from them that I've ever used. A free scarf of decent quality would be welcome and would look good for the first game, but otherwise what is the point really?

England fans club do similar (but don't charge - it may buffer up the price though) and it's just tat, pure tat.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So, in summary, you don't get a welcome pack if you're an existing season ticket holder and simply renewing.

But if you want one, you can buy one for £15.

Why would anyone want to buy one? Am I missing something?

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Welcome packs

Postman struggled at our door this morning trying to squeeze a package addressed to the missus through the letterbox. Had she been ordering bras from A company she uses in Jersey I asked. I haven’t ordered anything she says. What can it be? Grey plastic envelope opened to reveal a shitty grey washbag, enclosing a scruffy notepad and a poorly cast bottle opener. After she had thrown it at me thinking I had been ordering rubbish from the club shop, I found her membership card at the bottom.
Can this stuff be recycled?

theboybilly

Postman struggled at our door this morning trying to squeeze a package addressed to the missus through the letterbox. Had she been ordering bras from A company she uses in Jersey I asked. I haven’t ordered anything she says. What can it be? Grey plastic envelope opened to reveal a shitty grey washbag, enclosing a scruffy notepad and a poorly cast bottle opener. After she had thrown it at me thinking I had been ordering rubbish from the club shop, I found her membership card at the bottom.

If you don't want it take it to a home game snd give it to a grateful youngster

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

So currently over social media we have:
a) new ST holders moaning about why they didn't get a welcome pack
b) new members moaning about why they got a shitty welcome pack.

You can please some of the people some of the time...

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
So currently over social media we have:
a) new ST holders moaning about why they didn't get a welcome pack
b) new members moaning about why they got a shitty welcome pack.

You can please some of the people some of the time...

and (c) old members moaning about why they got a shitty grey (I was describing the colour) welcome pack.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here