Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Old people squabbling

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Is there an increase of such? Or are you just witness to it more by being at work less in the daytime?

I say this as on buses on a Wednesday - my day off to be with Meade Jr - there tends to be a simmering quagmire of easily riled seniors. Last Wednesday, for instance, with sleeping Meade Jr in his buggy in the centre of the bus, an ancient fellow toddles onto the bus, with his 60-something helper behind him. The old chap finds a seat when 2 nice people stand up, but the helper chap is angry with a mature woman who didn't stand up in the first available seat. He keeps having a go at her until another 50-odd-year-old lady tells the helper to give it a rest. Shut up!! Shut up!!! the squat helper cries, in and around me, the missus, and Meade Jr. The lady responds with a If you were any younger i'd knock you out! Shut up!! Shut up!!! he says again. The bus pulls in and the lady says When you go home brush your teeth, cos your breath stinks! She's about to dismount, and the helper replies with a So does your fanny and arse!
Alright, it's Holloway Road, but is this normal behaviour for people of a certain age during the daytime?

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
I work in Steyning and so are surrounded by oldies. I hear constant bickering in the high street and car parks. Its quite funny seeing a window into their lives and how trivial everything is and how really important it is at the same time.

And they cant park.

and they are rude in the Co-op

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Is there an increase of such? Or are you just witness to it more by being at work less in the daytime?

I say this as on buses on a Wednesday - my day off to be with Meade Jr - there tends to be a simmering quagmire of easily riled seniors. Last Wednesday, for instance, with sleeping Meade Jr in his buggy in the centre of the bus, an ancient fellow toddles onto the bus, with his 60-something helper behind him. The old chap finds a seat when 2 nice people stand up, but the helper chap is angry with a mature woman who didn't stand up in the first available seat. He keeps having a go at her until another 50-odd-year-old lady tells the helper to give it a rest. Shut up!! Shut up!!! the squat helper cries, in and around me, the missus, and Meade Jr. The lady responds with a If you were any younger i'd knock you out! Shut up!! Shut up!!! he says again. The bus pulls in and the lady says When you go home brush your teeth, cos your breath stinks! She's about to dismount, and the helper replies with a So does your fanny and arse!
Alright, it's Holloway Road, but is this normal behaviour for people of a certain age during the daytime?

Speaking as a South Londoner, this is something that only happens in Grim North London me laddie.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Haywards Heath has let itself go.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Had a on old grump try and shove all my shopping to one side and barge in as I was packing my few items ona single, manned checkout at the co-op. He even gave it a “excuse me”!
I calmly moved his bag for life back into his shopping trolley and told himto have a little patience. He looked like I’d walked into his house on Christmas Day and pissed on the tree.

Let’s not forget, these are very rarely people who fought in the war anymore. That fantastic generation are in their 90’s and 100’s now. These are the entitled and ageing Baby Boomers. And by and large , they’re a bunch of impatient, demanding, ***** .

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Had a on old grump try and shove all my shopping to one side and barge in as I was packing my few items ona single, manned checkout at the co-op. He even gave it a “excuse me”!
I calmly moved his bag for life back into his shopping trolley and told himto have a little patience. He looked like I’d walked into his house on Christmas Day and pissed on the tree.

Let’s not forget, these are very rarely people who fought in the war anymore. That fantastic generation are in their 90’s and 100’s now. These are the entitled and ageing Baby Boomers. And by and large , they’re a bunch of impatient, demanding, ***** .

Good for you. Being an over 65 doesn’t excuse rudeness.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Good for you. Being an over 65 doesn’t excuse rudeness.

I have to say it did take me aback.

I do of course jest when I say they are all grumpy *****. But that generation do seem to think they have a lot to moan about.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I had a little set-to in the local BP/M&S the other day with one of these types. The whole world must revolve around them. No compromises.

So, he's stood right in the middle of the (very narrow) aisle, forensically examining the shelf edge labels, with me patiently stood there waiting to get past. He looks me up and down, then carries on reading the label on a jar he's picked up...

I thought "well, bollocks pal, I'll just push past then" and walked towards him, at which point he steps forward to take something else off the shelf - so I think "magic, clear to manouvre captain."

Just as I'm passing, he steps backwards and almost into me - to which I say under my breath "for f-cks sake.." but manage to dodge past.

He then actually follows me to the next aisle, puffs up his chest, and says loudly "WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?" thinking I'd shrivel and just say "err.. umm... nothing...' (and meekly shuffle off), so I took a step forwards, looked him in the eye and said just as loudly "I SAID FOR F-CKS SAKE.. DID YOU NOT HEAR ME CLEARLY ENOUGH?"

Cue the whole shop looking, then he shuffled off himself muttering away...

Arrogant twunt.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
And they cant park.

Oh yes they can

D010F559-1470-4D20-95F3-89590805AC93.jpeg

el punal

“She’s about to dismount, and the helper replies so does your fanny and arse (smell) !” :eek:

You must be careful with how you describe events - my imagination ran riot on that one! :D

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007

Hey!!
Who are you calling an impatient, demanding *****.

Bas*a**r*d

Apologies if I typed too many asterisks, my eyes ain’t what they used to be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Miserable/rude sods don’t suddenly become nice people at retirement age, deserving of everyone else’s reverence.

Quite. And the reverse is also true. I know plenty of 65+ folk who are quite lovely. My neighbour for one. I suppose it’s more notable when an older person is outright rude. I do hesitate before I respond and usually go the over-polite route to show them up. Swearing at old people, no matter how justified, is never a good look.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I didn't read it as jest, the baby boomer generation have/had every opportunity, and more, if they're whingers now I guess its probably because they are grumpy *****. No one else is going to have life, and particularly later life opportunity, affluence, security, and arguably peace, for a long time.

Edit, they are fortunately the minority. There are still plenty of original hippies around.

I do of course jest when I say they are all grumpy *****. But that generation do seem to think they have a lot to moan about.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I am a baby boomer so at what point do I become a grumpy old git

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I always had an idea that when I’m old I’m gonna visit different shops and pubs in surrounding villages. In some I’m gonna be the most polite, helpful, kindly gent I can. In some I’m gonna be a fall down drunk. In some a man who does loads for charity. In others an incurable gambler, in others a reet grumpy shit. A different person in different places. Purely because I think the conversations at the funeral , when I’m obvs not there to hear, will be hilarious.

“Old Clampy? Couldn’t meet a lovelier man”

“What that penny pinching old git”?

“Huh? He did loads for charity”

“What The Clamp? Old 12 pints Clampo, had to pick him off the floor every time he was in”.

Westdene Seagull: “I think you mean Nibble”. :)

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Being rude isn't the preserve of any particular generation. Neither is a sense of missplaced entitlement. Being a strident tit, waving an 'I'm a senior, bow down to me' plackard is, however, a phenomenon, as the OP has kindly reminded us. To quote a character in HGTTG, the correct reply is 'I beg your miniscule pardon?'. And if extra emphasis is required you can add 'you silly old ****'.

punk::lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here