Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Train Services for Derby

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Can we get a definitive thread for the trains Saturday.
Trains from Haywards Heath to Brighton
Haywards Heath to Lewes
Brighton to Falmer
Lewes to Falmer

P&R. What is 100% open.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Can we get a definitive thread for the trains Saturday.
Trains from Haywards Heath to Brighton - bus replacement service between Three Bridges and Brighton
Haywards Heath to Lewes - bus replacement service between Three Bridges and Lewes, trains between Lewes and Eastbourne
Brighton to Falmer - trains between Brighton and Lewes OK
Lewes to Falmer - trains between Brighton and Lewes OK

P&R. What is 100% open.Racecourse and Mill Road

https://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/planjourney/search

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2019/february/west-upper-open-for-derby/

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
trains on Coastway West/East are running.
trains on Mainline North/south are not running.

simples.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If only there was some kind of thing you could look at to check.........:shrug::lol:

You can bet your life that the nine day closure of the Brighton mainline starting Saturday is going to come as a complete surprise to huge numbers of people, despite the BLITZ of publicity about it. The Argus will have a field day and the comments section doesn't bear thinking about :lol:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You can bet your life that the nine day closure of the Brighton mainline starting Saturday is going to come as a complete surprise to huge numbers of people, despite the BLITZ of publicity about it. The Argus will have a field day and the comments section doesn't bear thinking about :lol:

What ? No trains ???

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

"When they said that all trains would be cancelled, I didn't think they meant MY train!!!"

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They interviewed some BINT on the local news outside Three Bridges station last night, and she came out with: "I just think its the timing of it. Its half term, so lots of parents would have wanted to take their children to London for the day..."

giphy.gif

Won't anyone think of the children ?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
.... and the Southern App says all OK! Ford (10.39) to Brighton (11.23), Brighton (11.30) to Falmer (11.38), so that's great. I'll drive!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Roger Lewis on his way to his upper tier seat will no doubt be raging about this.

el punal

I’m just waiting for - Disgusted Fat Controller, Tunbridge Wells! :D

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
They interviewed some BINT on the local news outside Three Bridges station last night, and she came out with: "I just think its the timing of it. Its half term, so lots of parents would have wanted to take their children to London for the day..."

IMHO when people come up with stuff this stupid they should be made to say it through a loud-hailer while stood on a soapbox at London Victoria at around 17.30 on a Friday to explain to the commuters why they should be on the bus so they can take their kids to the Science Museum. With a box of rotten tomatoes available nearby in case anyone can find a use for them.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
IMHO when people come up with stuff this stupid they should be made to say it through a loud-hailer while stood on a soapbox at London Victoria at around 17.30 on a Friday to explain to the commuters why they should be on the bus so they can take their kids to the Science Museum. With a box of rotten tomatoes available nearby in case anyone can find a use for them.

Hmmmm, yesterday I thought I might take the kids the The Science Museum next week!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

those people piss me off no end. yes, lets have the work when the most commuters are using the service. or maybe not have the work at all, delay it like we have for decades. or maybe build a whole second line for the purpose of being backup, at cost of £xBn that no one wants to pay for (fares too high.. taxes too high...) and no one wants built anywhere near them. /rant

anyway, London isnt shut. can still get the train and bus replacement, drive, get a train from another line etc. or just go in the Easter holiday

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here