Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    That graph of the Decreasing Effectiveness of Chocolate on an Angry Wife was pure The Day Today and had me nearly crying with laughter. Tim Key is also a comic genius.
    ""Football. F***ing football. Imagine not being into it. Those poor, poor half-alive ********."

• North Stand Chat

advertising

3 Not allowed!
      It was twice as funny watching it back a second time, lots of little bits I missed first fime around.
      "Still a long way short of a batting bonus point "
      Mama said knock you out. LlcoolJ's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Pavilionaire View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It was twice as funny watching it back a second time, lots of little bits I missed first fime around.
      Like all the best comedy and definitely like all the best Partridge.
      "I never mentioned horses!"
      Mama said knock you out. LlcoolJ's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Easy 10 View Post
      "...now we have Alice Clunt"
      "Fluck"
      "I know what I've done there"

ol:
      My son was in bits about that line. Had to pause it til he'd recovered.
      "I never mentioned horses!"

3 Not allowed!
      It's a little bit strange seeing differing posts. We have a total affinity with Alan Partridge because he is cringing. We loved David Brent for being the same. It's great comedy and it gets your spine tingling, it's like ... nooooo don't go there. But I am like watching a comedian that has lost his way now. Tonight, I did not find funny. But I hope it gets better. Armando not writing this is a big thing.
      Progressive Patriot clapham_gull's Avatar

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Sussex Nomad View Post
      Armando not writing this is a big thing.
      He stopped writing a while back, in fact there is more "non-Armando" Partridge. Mid Morning Matters, The Books, The Film, Scissored Isle all done without Armando.

They had taken the character has far as it could go - then these two brothers stepped in. In my opinion (and it is only that) he moved away from simply being another sitcom character and got much much better.

Scissored Isle (if you haven't watched) it probably the funniest and cleverest thing Partridge has ever been in.

I had to watch this twice, I liked it much more the second time.

0 Not allowed!
      I'll be watching it again.
      "WINNERS FIND ANSWERS. PROMOTION CANDIDATES FIND THEIR SOLUTIONS. BRIGHTON HAVE FOUND THE ANSWER TONIGHT" Sky Sports commentator after Glen Murray scored 94th minute at Birmingham. 17.12.2016

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by clapham_gull View Post
      He stopped writing a while back, in fact there is more "non-Armando" Partridge. Mid Morning Matters, The Books, The Film, Scissored Isle all done without Armando.

They had taken the character has far as it could go - then these two brothers stepped in. In my opinion (and it is only that) he moved away from simply being another sitcom character and got much much better.

Scissored Isle (if you haven't watched) it probably the funniest and cleverest thing Partridge has ever been in.

I had to watch this twice, I liked it much more the second time.
      Do you know what, such a cultured response, I may just do that, watch it again.

0 Not allowed!
      This time with Alan Partridge seems as if it's more David Brent hosting a tv show than Partridge. It was more about all the anxiety and awkwardness Partridge was putting himself through rather than his 'i'm in charge' approach he usually portrays.

Hopefully through the episodes, he starts to relax and be more his brutal self.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mellotron View Post
      That graph of the Decreasing Effectiveness of Chocolate on an Angry Wife was pure The Day Today and had me nearly crying with laughter. Tim Key is also a comic genius.
      Yes, I think that was my favourite bit. The Day Today graphics and presentation combined with Alan using an ill-judged, out-dated metaphor.

On first viewing I'd give it 7/10, enjoyable but I think it will take a couple of episodes to really get going. I'll definitely be watching it again though, as other people have said I'm sure there are bits I missed.

I would love to see another I'm Alan Partridge series, as @The Clamp says his best stuff is following his day-to-day life.
      People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis. You can't trust people.