Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Alan Partridge: This Time

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Just watched last night's episode and thought it was good.

As others have said, Partridge is at a different point in his career now, and recognises that he's at a last-chance saloon with the BBC and TV. He's struggling to try to make himself fit what he thinks is required.

The last few minutes of last night's episode was a return to Partridge of old, where he hit his "revenge mode" and took down his co-hosts in a way he knew they could not possibly respond to. The next episode could be interesting - have we just seen the first glimpses of it all unravelling for him.

"We have 15 seconds left. Would you like to say anything else? Ah, fiddling with your nose there.......Goodnight."

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Was very much looking forward to this show,what a disappointment,have cancelled series link
83490d94c558fe3aa2278b537267e52e.gif

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Alan is only the Alan the Brent could have been.

Geezer in your picture could've been an option... :lol:

The re-launch of Alan back onto TV is quite interesting and I think the writers have done a decent job in getting across where he is in life. The first episode I found funny, but not as laugh out loud as some of previous AP efforts. I think part of that is down to the whole character changing – having the same ego, but maybe without as much confidence in himself or his ability to be on TV. That returned a bit in Ep 2 and will continue to come out in the forthcoming shows, so by the end of the series he'll be back to the old Alan.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Great bit when he gave the old woman in the audience the mike.

"Just hold it, don't talk into it"

And not giving her the second After Eight. The mic bit was another that I missed until pointed out by my son as we watched it the second time.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Missed it tonight.

What's the NSC verdict of episode 3?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I could hardly look at the screen from start to finish. Very good

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
"Daily Mail journalist thinks we are too soft in School. You may know her from her book, Fat, Black Cripple"

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here