Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Alan Partridge: This Time

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Definitely warming up, the last episode was hilarious especially Alan getting his own back on his co-presenter and the other female reporter. Alan is back!

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Quite funny. I wasn't sure there was much left to wring out of the Partridge character but this series is making me laugh as well as squirm.

Not that many belly laughs, a least for me, but some nicely worked gags. The Tim Key character is working well. I also like that bearded bloke from Sunderland who has so far been interviewed twice.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Worth watching just for Sussanah Fielding.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Is this Groundhog Day? [emoji23]
Big fan of Partridge so was looking forward to the program but a big let down,have cancelled series link
e662f5b6252b7dfffecf48847e562178.gif

nigeyb

Oct 14, 2005
Hove
It's getting better and better. The third episode was the best yet. Really hitting its stride now. Worth it alone for the demonstration of swing arc when delivering corporal punishment.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It's getting better and better. The third episode was the best yet. Really hitting its stride now. Worth it alone for the demonstration of swing arc when delivering corporal punishment.

I'm laughing now just thinking about it :lolol:

I might just have to put it on again tonight for a second viewing.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I have given up. It's about as funny as Mrs Brown's Boys :nono:

These two are chalk and cheese for me. I just can’t get my head around anyone finding Mrs Brown’s Boys even remotely funny. Just seeing the trailers for it actually makes me feel physically sick.
Think Partridge is getting better each week, despite me having thought Cougan a prize pratt since he threw a wobbly in a restaurant where were celebrating my mother’s birthday.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
These two are chalk and cheese for me. I just can’t get my head around anyone finding Mrs Brown’s Boys even remotely funny. Just seeing the trailers for it actually makes me feel physically sick.
Think Partridge is getting better each week, despite me having thought Cougan a prize pratt since he threw a wobbly in a restaurant where were celebrating my mother’s birthday.
Correct. (Can't speak about your mother's birthday, obviously, but that's disappointing to hear.)

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
This Time is easily as good as any previous AP (including the film Alpha Papa) in my opinion.

The beauty of all AP's stuff isn't always to laugh out loud while you're watching (although that can happen), its not that kind of comedy, so if that's the kind of instance gratification you need AP isn't for you.

Its the continual subtle and clever hilarity of the character and convincing yourself that AP is actually a real person. Its remembering some of the subtle moments like, 'there's a shuttlecock up there' 'thats good egg' and the random pictures on his iPad. Its thinking back to those moments during the week, and perhaps watching it back the second time. Its remembering everything hes been through before in his 'life' and wondering if/when he will screw this up opportunity in some colossal way and have another 'breakdown'.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
This Time is easily as good as any previous AP (including the film Alpha Papa) in my opinion.

The beauty of all AP's stuff isn't always to laugh out loud while you're watching (although that can happen), its not that kind of comedy, so if that's the kind of instance gratification you need AP isn't for you.

Its the continual subtle and clever hilarity of the character and convincing yourself that AP is actually a real person. Its remembering some of the subtle moments like, 'there's a shuttlecock up there' 'thats good egg' and the random pictures on his iPad. Its thinking back to those moments during the week, and perhaps watching it back the second time. Its remembering everything hes been through before in his 'life' and wondering if/when he will screw this up opportunity in some colossal way and have another 'breakdown'.
Indeed. I've watched episode 2 three times so far and it's got better on each viewing. So many little things in each half hour. You can't judge it on one watch and (as I posted after episode 1) you also need to see the whole series to really appreciate it. Like all Partridge.

So far, this is classic Alan and up there with his greatest stuff.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This incarnation of Partridge has also got right up Piers Morgan's nose

https://metro.co.uk/2019/03/06/pier...appeared-bum-new-alan-partridge-show-8826358/

"Very sad news that the new Alan Partridge show, called This Time, which obviously mocks me and Susanna (Reid). Steve Coogan is trying to exact revenge on me because he now hates everything to do with newspapers. He’s become a real moaning Minnie, hasn’t he ? I used to love Alan Partridge, he used to be hilarious, brilliant. It is now utterly unwatchable. Because Coogan has disappeared up his derriere, unfortunately.

"So anyway, very sad news for him, my thoughts are with him at this difficult time. There probably won’t be a third episode… There might be a third episode, there won’t be a fourth."

So if there wasn't reason enough to love this show already, the fact that it has annoyed the colossal narcissistic prick that is Piers Morgan is the dealclencher. Lets get a second series in the can, pronto.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
This incarnation of Partridge has also got right up Piers Morgan's nose

https://metro.co.uk/2019/03/06/pier...appeared-bum-new-alan-partridge-show-8826358/

"Very sad news that the new Alan Partridge show, called This Time, which obviously mocks me and Susanna (Reid). Steve Coogan is trying to exact revenge on me because he now hates everything to do with newspapers. He’s become a real moaning Minnie, hasn’t he ? I used to love Alan Partridge, he used to be hilarious, brilliant. It is now utterly unwatchable. Because Coogan has disappeared up his derriere, unfortunately.

"So anyway, very sad news for him, my thoughts are with him at this difficult time. There probably won’t be a third episode… There might be a third episode, there won’t be a fourth."

So if there wasn't reason enough to love this show already, the fact that it has annoyed the colossal narcissistic prick that is Piers Morgan is the dealclencher. Lets get a second series in the can, pronto.
Brilliant!

Oh and Coogan is a "Moaning Minnie" because he's been outspoken about phone hacking and other disgraceful behaviour by the tabloids? Seriously?!

Vile piece of scum Piers Moron. Should have gone to prison.

Went to see Rob Lowe doing his one man show thing at The Dome last month. He was SCATHING about Moron and thanked us for taking him back to the UK. Said his wife annoyed him by waking him up from his favourite dream "feeding Piers Morgan into a wood chipper".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here