Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Alan Partridge: This Time

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Missed the first one but tuned in last night. Mainly cringing too much to laugh out loud, whilst absolutely loving the way Coogan lays bare the worst in all of us through Alan. However the tweet board had me in genuine peels of laughter as did the chap from Sunderland.

A tremendous send up of The One Show and I’ll try not to miss the remainder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snowy

Jul 14, 2003
Perranporth
Obviously a lot of people didn't bother watching it again after tuning in for the first episode:
Week 1 ratings: 3.3m.
Week 2 (last night): 1.9m.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Obviously a lot of people didn't bother watching it again after tuning in for the first episode:

Live figures are pointless nowadays as people watch much more on catch-up.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Real time viewing figures more than likely a meaningless stat nowadays. Tho probably the only way of explaining away the abject shit that is Mrs Browns Boys.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
What's the betting there's a hastily prepared new intro sequence next week, with Alan taking the place of the late, disgraced, John Baskell?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
What's the betting there's a hastily prepared new intro sequence next week, with Alan taking the place of the late, disgraced, John Baskell?

I hope so. I can see the relationship with Jennie deteriorating week by week. By week 6 (I think there are 6) things could be very interesting.

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
I've watched both episodes, and I think it's a good concept, it's well directed and acted, costumes and sets are perfect, but unfortunately it hasn't made me laugh, yet. In "Knowing me knowing you" the "guests" were outrageous so we were reminded of Parkinson and Emu or Harty and Grace Jones, but of course Alan was completely unable to cope. In the current series the only comic character seems to be Alan himself, and there is no real reason for him to lose the plot. The sequence of talking as the apes were grooming when Alan tried to upstage the guest was to me very similar to the Brent dance in "The Office". I'm disappointed because I think it's very close to being a great program but somehow it's not quite there.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I've watched both episodes, and I think it's a good concept, it's well directed and acted, costumes and sets are perfect, but unfortunately it hasn't made me laugh, yet. In "Knowing me knowing you" the "guests" were outrageous so we were reminded of Parkinson and Emu or Harty and Grace Jones, but of course Alan was completely unable to cope. In the current series the only comic character seems to be Alan himself, and there is no real reason for him to lose the plot. The sequence of talking as the apes were grooming when Alan tried to upstage the guest was to me very similar to the Brent dance in "The Office". I'm disappointed because I think it's very close to being a great program but somehow it's not quite there.

Maybe it's the costumes?
Ah, you said they were good.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Loved it last night, Probaby my favourite moment was when Alan was quietly staring "wistfully" upwards as they discussed John,

Jenny: (hand on shoulder) "Are you alright Alan ?"
Alan: ".......there's a shuttlecock up there"

Brilliant.

:lolol:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Watched it for second time yes it's full of wonderful Partridge moments I liked the tribute to John when Alan compaired John not to a candle in the wind but a North Sea oil rig flaming off and then mentioning his fondness for whiskey and johns consumption akin to North Sea oil and Scotland's dependency upon it

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You could well be right there.

I take it also that Simon is comfortable and at home when 7 people are listening on local radio and now absolutely shitting himself on national TV. He’s been promoted MILES above his station.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I take it also that Simon is comfortable and at home when 7 people are listening on local radio and now absolutely shitting himself on national TV. He’s been promoted MILES above his station.

I think my favourite Simon bit last night was when he was complementing Alan's "off-the-cuff" introduction and then says "it's better than it sounded in the car" :lolol:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I think my favourite Simon bit last night was when he was complementing Alan's "off-the-cuff" introduction and then says "it's better than it sounded in the car" :lolol:

That bit was good, although there is quite a lot of the Alan Partridge / Simon dynamic in this series that reminds me of David Brent and Gareth Keenan and leaves me feeling I have somehow seen it done before.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I thought it was quite amusing, enough to make me watch the next episode anyway.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I liked the peasants revolt report... Rules are there for a reason.... Haha

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I hope so. I can see the relationship with Jennie deteriorating week by week. By week 6 (I think there are 6) things could be very interesting.

I think it’s great that they don’t have Alan fawning all over the young attractive host. He appears to have hated her from the off. I reckon he’ll attempt to oust her and it’s all going to backfire spectacularly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here