"Vitamin-deficient, but humour-proficient...Simon Denton"

"Lynne - think premium! Double Decker, Topic..."

"Sore heads, swollen knuckles, rosy red bumcheeks."

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Tonight's episode was absolutely TOP NOTCH. The best by far.

- The Scottish guy eh?
- Undermining the woman talking about self driving cars
- The new title sequence
- The guy explaining why his wife was hitting him
- The whole Simon sequence
- Headless chicken in the car park

the list goes on...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Sublime tonight, 10 on 10, i haven't seen anything as funny as that in a long while.

WildWood

Sep 6, 2011
Chichester
“Morrisey”

0EB86028-C714-4A8B-A4E5-B958C642CC7C.jpeg

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The closing minutes of episode 2 were some of AP's finest moments. It came close tonight. Some very funny stuff.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Absolutely sublime tonight, the best episode by a mile. Schoolboy Alan is one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen :lolol:

Just so many casually brilliant LOL moments. Even the bit where he squats down at the start of the report at his old school, you hear his bones go, and there's a brief passing moment of unacknowledged suppressed agony on his face.

"I'd like to tickle your pink..."

I've got to watch that one again. There is just SO much going on. Pure brilliance.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Just caught up with last night's episode. The old Alan is slowly getting back in his groove. Some proper laughs in there as well as real awkwardness between presenters.

Brilliant :bowdown:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
It was great, and I think I only noticed about half the funny bits. Will re-watch.

Oh but love the bit where Simon did the same thing on the screen 3 times and failed each time. Seemingly thought it would work each new time he did it.

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
Episode three was brilliant. Now he's got the gig full-time it's like old Alan has been unleashed. The whole school sequence was amazing, especially the small things such as the "split-screen" bit with him behind a pillar not working properly and when he slid down the railings. Genius stuff.

Jovis

Mar 30, 2012
Back on top, top form. I had to pause the tv after the sequence with Alan as a schoolboy, the funniest thing I have seen in a long while.

Albion Prem

Nov 23, 2018
Lindfield
As an aside , that Clunes travesty was absolutely appalling. There were some really odd lines in there too. Plus it took me ages to figure out why they called each other mate. It was only the other week I was singing Clune's praises over his performance in the superb Manhunt. I also like him in Doc Martin. How can he have got it so wrong? Mind you , he made the terrible and pointless remake of Reggie Perrin so he clearly has trouble discerning good scripts from bad. Either that or he's got one helluva mortgage that needs paying.

I thought that playing a driving instructor was made for Clunes,however very disappointed with the show

Albion Prem

Nov 23, 2018
Lindfield
Feels way too contrived for me. The great thing about AP in the past was that always felt like what you were watching could actually be real, in some sort of horrific way. This just feels so scripted and over-written that the original idea is lost and the gags are signposted miles in advance.

Some good moments but still feels like a pilot to me.

Big fan of Partridge so was looking forward to the program but a big let down,have cancelled series link

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here