Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Alan Partridge: This Time

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
This incarnation of Partridge has also got right up Piers Morgan's nose

https://metro.co.uk/2019/03/06/pier...appeared-bum-new-alan-partridge-show-8826358/

"Very sad news that the new Alan Partridge show, called This Time, which obviously mocks me and Susanna (Reid). Steve Coogan is trying to exact revenge on me because he now hates everything to do with newspapers. He’s become a real moaning Minnie, hasn’t he ? I used to love Alan Partridge, he used to be hilarious, brilliant. It is now utterly unwatchable. Because Coogan has disappeared up his derriere, unfortunately.

"So anyway, very sad news for him, my thoughts are with him at this difficult time. There probably won’t be a third episode… There might be a third episode, there won’t be a fourth."

So if there wasn't reason enough to love this show already, the fact that it has annoyed the colossal narcissistic prick that is Piers Morgan is the dealclencher. Lets get a second series in the can, pronto.

What a **** Piers Morgan is. It's not always about you, you know?

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
This incarnation of Partridge has also got right up Piers Morgan's nose

https://metro.co.uk/2019/03/06/pier...appeared-bum-new-alan-partridge-show-8826358/

"Very sad news that the new Alan Partridge show, called This Time, which obviously mocks me and Susanna (Reid). Steve Coogan is trying to exact revenge on me because he now hates everything to do with newspapers. He’s become a real moaning Minnie, hasn’t he ? I used to love Alan Partridge, he used to be hilarious, brilliant. It is now utterly unwatchable. Because Coogan has disappeared up his derriere, unfortunately.

"So anyway, very sad news for him, my thoughts are with him at this difficult time. There probably won’t be a third episode… There might be a third episode, there won’t be a fourth."

So if there wasn't reason enough to love this show already, the fact that it has annoyed the colossal narcissistic prick that is Piers Morgan is the dealclencher. Lets get a second series in the can, pronto.

Just, wow.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Just in case anyone missed it yesterday evening, here's Alan who's raising money, none of which goes abroad.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
"Dead dog dosh"

"What if the BBC was being penetrated through the back door?"

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
So far I’d rate the episodes in this order 3,2,4,1

I thought last week was as good as it gets. I was slightly underwhelmed by this week but like most Partridge repeat viewings always help.

The Clamp

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Absolutely ****ing brilliant. Brilliant.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Very amusing episode. The only poor one was the first one IMO. I still think the funniest one was the one with Sam, the son of the head of factual programming. My order of preference
2 4 3 1

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Good BUT there are still some bits that fall very flat. Belching because of drinking the fizzy water was telegraphed and drawn out. The cut away bits away from the studio seem far superior than the in studio stuff.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
forgot again, how many episodes left? May actually catch one

All there on iPlayer. Marvellous.

AP.JPG

On a side note, been watching Saxondale this week. Very, very good indeed.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Good BUT there are still some bits that fall very flat. Belching because of drinking the fizzy water was telegraphed and drawn out. The cut away bits away from the studio seem far superior than the in studio stuff.

Thought the Monty Don attempted entrapment sequence 'he may have green fingers but we're going to catch him red handed' hit a flat spot, with the snogging couple in the background over-laboured. But IMHO there were far more absolute gems, like Alan's latest run-in with his new nemesis, the scornful outside broadcast lady. Oh and the phone link with the old crabby lady that got cut off just as she was elaborating on the good old days and her household's houseboy ('we called him Brownie'). Not to mention the surreal Alan doppelganger Irish Republican!

Wondrous multi-layered comedy gold, you'd need a heart of stone not to snort with laughter at multiple points in the proceedings :lolol:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Thought the Monty Don attempted entrapment sequence 'he may have green fingers but we're going to catch him red handed' hit a flat spot, with the snogging couple in the background over-laboured. But IMHO there were far more absolute gems, like Alan's latest run-in with his new nemesis, the scornful outside broadcast lady. Oh and the phone link with the old crabby lady that got cut off just as she was elaborating on the good old days and her household's houseboy ('we called him Brownie'). Not to mention the surreal Alan doppelganger Irish Republican!

Wondrous multi-layered comedy gold, you'd need a heart of stone not to snort with laughter at multiple points in the proceedings :lolol:

Like a lot of Partridge, it needs a few watches too to pick up and enjoy all the layers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here