Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Amber Rudd, I'd love her on my arm.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
To be fair, AA Gill was a gifted writer and despite his lapses, was responsible for some powerful and sometimes amusing pieces.
CBA to quote here, but there are plenty of examples if one wishes to look.

The fact that AA Gill once considered her human enough to marry is about the only positive thing I've ever heard about her.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
You may thinks she's attractive and well dressed, you may not. She may be many things too - a privately educated, multi millionairess former director of two companies in the Bahamas that were all above board and a Tory cabinet minister - but, as she pointed out before Christmas, she's also a single mother and knows only too well the struggle other single mothers like her face on Universal Credit and having to cope and raise children on the same amount per week that she spends on a haircut or a bottle of wine somewhere nice in town at lunchtime with chums from the city. That's why she's going to sort it out, because she really knows where it's at.

Irrespective of what you may think of her appearance, people should stop being nasty and just leave her alone to let her undoubted talent, empathy and real live experiences shine through to help others as Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, just like she did as Home Secretary.
And don't forget all the hard work she does for her constituents.

As an aside (and I'm sure there are some on here who did exactly this) can you imagine walking into a polling booth, seeing the name "Amber Rudd" on the ballot paper and then actually putting your X next to it?

Party politics aside and even if I couldn't stand the other candidates, I just couldn't do it. Like Grayling or Johnson .....or Corbyn etc etc.

The idea that my vote could enhance the career of such a vile/useless/both person and allow them any sort of power would make me sick.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

As an aside (and I'm sure there are some on here who did exactly this) can you imagine walking into a polling booth, seeing the name "Amber Rudd" on the ballot paper and then actually putting your X next to it?

Party politics aside and even if I couldn't stand the other candidates, I just couldn't do it. Like Grayling or Johnson .....or Corbyn etc etc.

The idea that my vote could enhance the career of such a vile/useless/both person and allow them any sort of power would make me sick.

My Conservative choice in the local constituency is Esther McVeigh, fortunately I have a social conscious so would never vote for her party, but she takes vacuity to a new level. Would she be added to the NSC hall of MPILFs by some of the posters here though?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

My Conservative choice in the local constituency is Esther McVeigh, fortunately I have a social conscious so would never vote for her party, but she takes vacuity to a new level.

As well as a tiny majority, another rather ominous problem Ms Rudd has compared to her predecessor as Work and Pensions Secretary is a much larger part of the demographic of her constituency and constituents in comparison to what Ms McVeigh has in Tatton - Nearly 10,000 households are still yet to be migrated onto Universal Credit apparently in Hastings and Rye.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
But that's the first defence of the offenders isn't it - "You can't say anything these days". My point here is that Amber Rudd is being mocked because she is a woman - If we were discussing Nigel Evans, for instance, in a similar manner it would be widely condemned here. Misogyny deemed acceptable here where homophobia isn't. I find it odd.

Snowflake alert....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Peter Ward

Dec 5, 2014
out back
You may thinks she's attractive and well dressed, you may not. She may be many things too - a privately educated, multi millionairess former director of two companies in the Bahamas that were all above board and a Tory cabinet minister - but, as she pointed out before Christmas, she's also a single mother and knows only too well the struggle other single mothers like her face on Universal Credit and having to cope and raise children on the same amount per week that she spends on a haircut or a bottle of wine somewhere nice in town at lunchtime with chums from the city. That's why she's going to sort it out, because she really knows where it's at.

Irrespective of what you may think of her appearance, people should stop being nasty and just leave her alone to let her undoubted talent, empathy and real live experiences shine through to help others as Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, just like she did as Home Secretary.

and of course you've only to come to Hastings and St Leonards to witness the amazing work she has done in her constituency. Where should I start?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
and of course you've only to come to Hastings and St Leonards to witness the amazing work she has done in her constituency. Where should I start?

We're on drugs and benefits according to her. Fortunately we're within the 2 hours of London that she wanted, she could see she was going to win to it - so we're just so blessed that she came to save us.

https://www.ft.com/content/97b6f7e6-ad46-11e2-b27f-00144feabdc0
https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/10391147.sussex-mp-blasted-for-drugs-comment/
https://www.hastingsobserver.co.uk/...about-hastings-in-newspaper-article-1-5051086

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I wonder if they'll have a shift around and add some more rural area / Rye type voters to 'Hastings' to keep her in again. Would much rather she just fecked off back to London though.

Peter Ward

Dec 5, 2014
out back
I wonder if they'll have a shift around and add some more rural area / Rye type voters to 'Hastings' to keep her in again. Would much rather she just fecked off back to London though.

Don't for a minute think she'll stand again in Hastings, with her record and popularity, she'll be looking for a safe seat near Windsor or Farnborough.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Staying the same I believe, not that the boundary changes will get through parliament anytime soon though.

Don't for a minute think she'll stand again in Hastings, with her record and popularity, she'll be looking for a safe seat near Windsor or Farnborough.

There was talk of her taking Soames Mid Sussex seat, but she's now been selected and confirmed as the candidate for Hastings at the next election.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Caroline Flinty McFlintface doesn't scrub up too bad when she's wheeled out for a QT or This Week and they put some slap on her.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
:
My Conservative choice in the local constituency is Esther McVeigh, fortunately I have a social conscious so would never vote for her party, but she takes vacuity to a new level. Would she be added to the NSC hall of MPILFs by some of the posters here though?

Oh dear, according to the Pres, if one choses to vote Tory, 'you couldn't possibly have a social conscience'.
Well,almost leaving that thought to one side, I am a Tory voter with, I hope, a social conscience. However, I don't think I could bring myself to vote for Ester McVeigh, who strikes me as being slightly mad and probably not a nice person, at all.
As for the hall ,that is mentioned, well yes, she is quite good looking but I would be worried if I ever saw her wielding a sharp instrument!:ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here