Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Goalkeeper makes Waterford loan move

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Brighton & Hove Albion under-23 goalkeeper Hugo Keto has joined SSE Airtricity League Premier Division side Waterford on a loan deal until 30th June 2019.

Despite the transfer window being closed in England and Scotland, it remains open for clubs in Ireland until Friday 22nd February, which enables Keto’s move to Waterford to go ahead.

The 21-year-old, who joined the Seagulls from Arsenal last summer, has kept four clean sheets in his 13 appearances for Simon Rusk’s team this season.

Rusk said, “Hugo has proved a great addition to the squad since arriving at the beginning of the season, stepping straight into the side and contributing towards our positive start to life in the top division.

“But this move will provide Hugo with his first taste of senior football, and it comes at an important stage of his career in terms of development.

“With Robert Sanchez returning from Forest Green, it opens the door for Hugo to get that experience and we wish him the best of luck during his time in Ireland.”

Keto kept a clean sheet on his Albion debut against Liverpool back in August, and the Finland under-21 international has also featured for the Seagulls in the Premier League International Cup and EFL Trophy this season.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
mtee.jpg

But, fair play - it's all experience....

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
...never to be seen again

Maybe a tad harsh ........ but .........

I do worry about where we're sending some of our youngsters to - they seem to be more of a moving on sort of loan rather than a development opportunity. Irish leagues in particular worry me - they are surely a degree below the Scottish leagues -and we know what some of the cognoscenti here on NSC call Scottish football!

It wasn't long go, when we were just still a Championship club, that we took one of the top players - if not the top player - from one of the top teams in Irish football, and to all intents and purposes he never got anywhere near the standard for our Championship side (OK, I know he made a handful of appearances, mostly if not all as a sub) and has now disappeared into some football backwater.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Maybe a tad harsh ........ but .........

I do worry about where we're sending some of our youngsters to - they seem to be more of a moving on sort of loan rather than a development opportunity. Irish leagues in particular worry me - they are surely a degree below the Scottish leagues -and we know what some of the cognoscenti here on NSC call Scottish football!

It wasn't long go, when we were just still a Championship club, that we took one of the top players - if not the top player - from one of the top teams in Irish football, and to all intents and purposes he never got anywhere near the standard for our Championship side (OK, I know he made a handful of appearances, mostly if not all as a sub) and has now disappeared into some football backwater.

Richie Towell?

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Well, he’s best off out the way. We need to focus on the grown ups keeping us up. No place for children.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here