Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Is there a time for Jazz ?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Bloody love a bit of jazz.

He was my find of last year - excellent stuff

I'm a big jazz fan. I was a member of Ronnie Scott's for years, saw many of the major acts there. But there's plenty of other decent jazz around London - Jazz Cafe, the Vortex, the Bull's Head out in Barnes.

I didn't get round to seeing Miles though, I regret that.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
I don’t even have time for the Honda Jazz (as they typically sit motionless at the traffic lights in front of me only 17 seconds after the lights turned green).

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
So many kind of Jazz styles that I get confused by the genre. However I do love Miles Davies Kind of blue and Dave Brubeck Take Five.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
“If it has more than 3 chords it’s jazz”

And for that reason me and Lou are out.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Some jazz is quite enjoyable to listen to, others sound like a cat in a tumble drier!!
I'm in line to inherit my dads jazz collection, all on vinyl :eek:
So might treat myself to a USB turntable :)

getz

Jan 15, 2010
Jazz has been the main passion in my life(alongside the Albion). I cannot explain why it has consumed my time over 65 years. In my teanage years I longed to emulate my hero's by taking up drumming, and in later years the tenor sax. I have to admit failing abismally on both counts. On reflection, what I love is the shere excitement that can be generated by musicians at the pinicle of their craft. Listen to Basie, Herman or Buddy Rich to feel the excitement of a swinging big band.

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
Moanin by either Charles Mingus or Art Blakey are always treats for me
Cant see if someone has put links up for them even after logging in.
Apologies if so.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Jazz has been the main passion in my life(alongside the Albion). I cannot explain why it has consumed my time over 65 years. In my teanage years I longed to emulate my hero's by taking up drumming, and in later years the tenor sax. I have to admit failing abismally on both counts. On reflection, what I love is the shere excitement that can be generated by musicians at the pinicle of their craft. Listen to Basie, Herman or Buddy Rich to feel the excitement of a swinging big band.

I was listening to “the beat goes on” by Buddy Rich the other day, the live version where Cathy songs for (supposedly) the first time. Bloody love that track

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Not the biggest fan of jazz, but a tune like this is a foot tapper. Yet never played by any stations ?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I rather like sitting on my balcony in Summer with a bottle of something cold and Sidney Buchet drifting from the speakers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here