Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Consumer Credit Act 2006 - LLPs?

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
Hello NSC,

Possibly the dullest thread of the day / week etc...

Does anyone know if Limited Liability Partnerships benefit from the provisions of the Consumer Credit Act which I understand applies to Partnerships and sole traders but I wonder if that extends to LLPs too?

I'm getting some legal advice but thought I'd float it here as its a melting pot of knowledge

Cheers

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Hello NSC,

Does anyone know if Limited Liability Partnerships benefit from the provisions of the Consumer Credit Act which I understand applies to Partnerships and sole traders but I wonder if that extends to LLPs too?

I'm getting some legal advice but thought I'd float it here as its a melting pot of knowledge

Cheers

Oooh. Definitely get some pwopa legil advice, but I'm going to hazard a guess at "no". I think the limited liability nature of an LLP makes it indistinguishable from a standard Ltd Co or PLC for CCA 2006 purposes. Do NOT take this opinion as gospel!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Hello NSC,

Cheers

Would LLPs fail the S1 definition of an individual given LLPs are Body Corporate

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here