Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Eat in Fish & Chips in Brighton.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Now, living out in the sticks, 20 odd miles from Brighton, even though visiting the Amex every other week, l'm not overly familiar with the city, so please bear with me.

Now that Fillet's on the London Road, excellent though it is, has sadly made it quite difficult to consume fish & chips in house, by removing one of the two tables, I am looking for an alternative to consume my pre-match Cod & Chips.

Brighton being a coastal resort is supposedly absolutely awash with chippies, but l am struggling to know where they are. I know of Bardsley's on Baker Street, but that is more of a restaurant really, I was really looking for more of a take away place, but perhaps with two or three tables so it would be easy to eat in.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Now, living out in the sticks, 20 odd miles from Brighton, even though visiting the Amex every other week, l'm not overly familiar with the city, so please bear with me.

Now that Fillet's on the London Road, excellent though it is, has sadly made it quite difficult to consume fish & chips in house, by removing one of the two tables, I am looking for an alternative to consume my pre-match Cod & Chips.

Brighton being a coastal resort is supposedly absolutely awash with chippies, but l am struggling to know where they are. I know of Bardsley's on Baker Street, but that is more of a restaurant really, I was really looking for more of a take away place, but perhaps with two or three tables so it would be easy to eat in.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Bardsleys does take away and eat in.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bankers, very good

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Could make a bit of a day of it and eat at the Palm Court on the pier. It's not the cheapest, but it IS good. Then stroll over to the bus stop by the Pavilion and catch a 25 or a 49 to the game.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The likes of Bardsley's and Bankers are all well and good, (many thanks for suggesting them), but they have more organised restaurant seating areas, where it probably means paying more than l would do just for a take away. I was more thinking in terms of a local back street chippy somewhere,(a bit like Fillet's really), just with a few tbles inside where l could nosh the food.

Fussy aren't l?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The likes of Bardsley's and Bankers are all well and good, (many thanks for suggesting them), but they have more organised restaurant seating areas, where it probably means paying more than l would do just for a take away. I was more thinking in terms of a local back street chippy somewhere,(a bit like Fillet's really), just with a few tbles inside where l could nosh the food.

Fussy aren't l?

Bankers has a takeaway as well

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Fussy aren't l?

So really you need a chippy on Lewes Rd or in Moulescomb/Bevendean/Coldean that isn't a proper restaurant? Other than Gulls opposite Wild Park I can't think of anywhere.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Do they still sell fish and chips outside the Amex had it once and thought it was very nice mind you I had been drinking

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It won't help you, but a controversial point here. Worthing has better eat in chippies than Brighton!

Ok, l'll cancel my season ticket for the Amex, and buy a new one for Woodside Road, then l can avail of Worthing's finest, before just strolling down to the ground!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here