Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Joke du jour

Mr H

Mar 8, 2012
LA
Exam question:
What sources are there for social and ethnic stereotypes?

Student answer:
Brown sauce for Northerners
Tomato Ketchup for Southerners

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I think they might have interpreted the word 'source' incorrectly, thinking it was 'sauce'.

DB_Tees-_Sauce_Navy_Blue_550x825.jpg

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Where are you defining the North / South divide? Also would a Northerner, who has moved South, suddenly like the alternative sauce product?

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
It's too general. If I lived in Chesterfield I might ask to which sauce I subscribe. Where does the 'north' start ? Or are we simply being Midlandist and assuming they are somehow inferior and swallowed into the other geographical delineation ?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
To me this exam question is typical of the dumbing down of higher education. Where does it end? Getting a PHD in mushy peas?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
It's too general. If I lived in Chesterfield I might ask to which sauce I subscribe. Where does the 'north' start ? Or are we simply being Midlandist and assuming they are somehow inferior and swallowed into the other geographical delineation ?

Chesterfield? The North starts a long way South of there. Grantham *nods*

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Exam question:
What sources are there for social and ethnic stereotypes?

Student answer:
Brown sauce for Northerners
Tomato Ketchup for Southerners

Where are you defining the North / South divide? Also would a Northerner, who has moved South, suddenly like the alternative sauce product?

Who says it's just the UK north/south? I ASSUMED the response was about hemispheres. I think more clarification is needed before giving a full and detailed response to the question being posed.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
One might also question whether balsamic glaze is considered a sauce or a condiment? This could be considered the go-to option in certain social circles.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Everyone knows surely, the North starts at the Watford Gap services. Thought that was common knowledge.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Although I think a few of those who sung the song thought that meant Watford itself.

Watford Gap services are quite good.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Everyone knows surely, the North starts at the Watford Gap services. Thought that was common knowledge.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

It does but most people think this is in Watford!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Where does mint sauce fit in with all this?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
One might also question whether balsamic glaze is considered a sauce or a condiment? This could be considered the go-to option in certain social circles.

I think you'll find so prefer Gentlemen's relish with a sausage?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here