Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Members

Ski/Snowboarding 2019

1 Not allowed!
    Afternoon All,

I have just booked myself 5 days away in Les Carroz, just an hour from Geneva, £175 for flights and Accomadation.

Has anyone been to the resort before?

Where have people been/off to this year? I cant wait although a little concerned about trying to do it on the cheap.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Munkfish View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Afternoon All,

I have just booked myself 5 days away in Les Carroz, just an hour from Geneva, £175 for flights and Accomadation.

Has anyone been to the resort before?

Where have people been/off to this year? I cant wait although a little concerned about trying to do it on the cheap.
      Think you should be concerned.
      Name:  accomodation.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  128.2 KB
      My definition of an intellectual is someone who can listen to the William Tell Overture without thinking of the Lone Ranger.

My definition of a sad git is any Palarse fan who has posted more than 100 times on NSC.

1 Not allowed!
      We went to St Christoph (Arlberg, Austria) for New Year, and we're soon off to Schladming, Austria for a week.

Bound by school holidays, the sums involved with flights, lift passes, rental, etc are eye-watering. But skiing and mountain environments are a passion, so we wouldn't have it any other way.

I've been to so many resorts over the years, but never Les Carroz. That's a great price, have a lovely time.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Weststander View Post
      We went to St Christoph (Arlberg, Austria) for New Year, and we're soon off to Schladming, Austria for a week.

Bound by school holidays, the sums involved with flights, lift passes, rental, etc are eye-watering. But skiing and mountain environments are a passion, so we wouldn't have it any other way.

I've been to so many resorts over the years, but never Les Carroz. That's a great price, have a lovely time.
      I have never been to Austria, generally to do with price and the guys I go with have a prefernce for France or Italy. Whats it like in comparison?

1 Not allowed!
      A week in Utah - Alta, Snowbird, Park City and of course Brighton. Good conditions - too much powder if anything with two half days because of avalanche danger and one night when we had to take an unplanned night at Alta Lodge as the road out was closed.
      "It's all bullshit folks, and it's bad for you" George Carlin

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Munkfish View Post
      I have never been to Austria, generally to do with price and the guys I go with have a prefernce for France or Italy. Whats it like in comparison?
      About half of UK skiers go to France - a combination of the nearest/easiest place to get to, a lot of high resorts so better snow, and/or a like for all things French.

People like Italy because everything is a bit cheaper.

Austria's amazing - many beautiful ski villages and small towns, the locals plus German/Dutch/Scandinavian/British guests love Apres Ski drinks after skiing and in many resorts in bars/clubs later on. Many legendary resorts and bars for that, for all adult age groups. Some of Austria's resorts have brilliant snow records, and throughout it's having it's best snow season for years whereas France/Italy really suffered for weeks earlier this season.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      I spend half the year in Austria and absolutely love the skiing, apres ski and lifestyle here. Price wise, food and drink on the mountains and in the resorts is considerably cheaper than France and Switzerland, other than perhaps in the Arlberg region which tends to be more expensive than the Tyrol and Salzburgerland regions. Also, Salzburg Airport has numerous flights from the U.K. and is very well connected to a huge number of ski resorts. And, as mentioned earlier, the snow has been great this year, although temperatures are set to rise massively towards the end of this week.
      "They can because they think they can" - Mike Bamber
      How soon is now???
      Past the Leisure Centre, left at the lights

0 Not allowed!
      Off on Friday and can’t wait. Little french village called Thollon Les Mémises about 90 mins from Geneva. Go there every year around this time and the snow this year looks to be the best for a while.

1 Not allowed!
      Just flown back from a long weekend in Zell am See/Kaprun, I’m very lucky as I have a friend that lives there so costs me nothing to stay, just flights and lift passes.
      3 days skiing on perfect snow and sunshine, it was snowing heavily when I left this morning.
      Reckon I’ll get back out there again before the end of the season too !

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by East Staffs Gull View Post
      I spend half the year in Austria and absolutely love the skiing, apres ski and lifestyle here. Price wise, food and drink on the mountains and in the resorts is considerably cheaper than France and Switzerland, other than perhaps in the Arlberg region which tends to be more expensive than the Tyrol and Salzburgerland regions. Also, Salzburg Airport has numerous flights from the U.K. and is very well connected to a huge number of ski resorts. And, as mentioned earlier, the snow has been great this year, although temperatures are set to rise massively towards the end of this week.
      Lucky you.

Over the last 20 years I/we’ve had great holidays in a wide variety of resorts - St Anton, St Christoph, Kitzbuehel, Obertauern, Ischgl, Obergurgl, Schladming, etc, with time spent on other slopes such as Lech/Zurs, Mayrhofen, Tux glacier, Stubai glacier. Tend to avoid low altitude resorts in any ski nation.

Loads of short transfers from Innsbruck Airport too.