Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Could be worse...

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Wood and Aguero both scored shooting straight at the keeper this weekend, shame March's shot wasn't straight art Heaton...

For me there are too many passes to or behind players instead of in front of them. Passing into space puts you on the front foot and doesn't slow play down. And when was the last time a ball was put behind a fullback for the winger to run on to? Passing to feet and into space needs to be varied so that the fullback doesn't know what is going to happen next.

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Agreed. Fair play to Burnley who went with 2 out and out strikers against us as the away team on Saturday. We don't even do that at home!

Exactly. The switch to 442 certainly worked for us when it was finally introduced in the Championship, against most views on here. Would like to see us try it again, especially against the so called lesser teams were are due to face coming up. Pains me to say it but Dyche should be applauded for it, they never gave our centre backs a break. But with Andone out for the next 3 games I am struggling to think of who could partner Murray.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Exactly. The switch to 442 certainly worked for us when it was finally introduced in the Championship, against most views on here. Would like to see us try it again, especially against the so called lesser teams were are due to face coming up. Pains me to say it but Dyche should be applauded for it, they never gave our centre backs a break. But with Andone out for the next 3 games I am struggling to think of who could partner Murray.

Burnley seemed to play 3 in the middle with Westwood, McNeil and Hendrick. All with pace, creativity, a tackle and willing to drive forward. Must me nice for Wood and Barnes having that behind you.

Peter Ward

Dec 5, 2014
out back
Watching Wolves and Newcastle this evening, at half time its 0-0, a balanced game so far though Wolves in getting on top, both keeping disciplined lines. The margins between both these and Albion seem very small. If anything, Toon limited to shooting from 30 yards or missing good chances, Wolves trying to walk it in, both teams defending corners well. Keepers making good saves at critical moments.
One big difference from Albion v Burnley seems to be that we had a myopic referee and officials and a defender (Dunk) who slipped in the mud at a crucial time.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Watching Wolves and Newcastle this evening, at half time its 0-0, a balanced game so far though Wolves in getting on top, both keeping disciplined lines. The margins between both these and Albion seem very small. If anything, Toon limited to shooting from 30 yards or missing good chances, Wolves trying to walk it in, both teams defending corners well. Keepers performing well. The only difference from Albion v Burnley seems to be we had a myopic referee and a defender (Dunk) who slipped in the mud at a crucial time.

Lascelles and his fellow NU defenders have played very well, with Wolves players looking to dive in challenges. Cool as cucumber, not getting suckered. Both teams stringing quality passing together as they go forward. Both teams could do with a Muzza or a Mitrovic to finish off the service.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
We need to get our shooting boots on! Instead of trying to walk the ball into the net, we seem almost pedestrian in getting the ball forwards sometimes! Bit of speed on the break would end our current malaise!

March is going to be the defining part of season 2018/19, as we have four basement battles! Thank fudge three of them are at home!

I seem to remember we had quite a few shots from distance on Saturday.

I can remember being quite happy about that...…… but none of them worked.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Its not what you went on about (as usual)...you said bore fest...hardly...but then its hard for you to be positive as a rule...so no change there then

Still here I see...? Zzzzzz

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here