Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Could be worse...

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I just wish that manager and players would cease from releasing the repeated dribble and word bingo post games, unless there is something to say.

Character / Momentum / Together / Learn / Bounce Back / Strength / Reaction / Response

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I would say that our finishing has been terrible in the last couple of home games. Foster and Heaton are both very good, experienced International goalkeepers - you've got to do better than hitting the ball at them. March's shot on saturday underlined his lack of quality, either side of the keeper and we take the deserved lead. Instead, he hits the goalkeeper. Maybe it would have been enough in the Championship, but it's not nearly enough in the Premier League.

Agree with that. Our finishing hasn't been good enough, If it was, we'd have put all of West Ham, Fulham (Murray could have had 4 or 5), Watford and Burnley to the sword. It's not a stretch to say we really could be on ten more points right now.

But our general forward play, given the lack of pace in the squad, has largely been excellent.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I would say that our finishing has been terrible in the last couple of home games. Foster and Heaton are both very good, experienced International goalkeepers - you've got to do better than hitting the ball at them. March's shot on saturday underlined his lack of quality, either side of the keeper and we take the deserved lead. Instead, he hits the goalkeeper. Maybe it would have been enough in the Championship, but it's not nearly enough in the Premier League.

I enjoyed the game on saturday, having not enjoyed the Watford game. We still insist on playing two or three bottom end Premier League players, despite better options, and all the time that's the case we're going to be toward the bottom end of all statistics leagues. But we won't go down.

I think you need to look at those four saves again. Not one of the four was shot at Heaton, nor were they easy saves.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I think you need to look at those four saves again. Not one of the four was shot at Heaton, nor were they easy saves.

I feel March could have gone wider, power went straight at Heaton.

Mar.jpg

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Agreed. Fair play to Burnley who went with 2 out and out strikers against us as the away team on Saturday. We don't even do that at home!

Burnley are 20th in the shots table. The only team to have had less shots than us. They also had less shots than we did on Saturday. They also had less shots on target.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Goals. It’s about goals dear

We've scored 28, 6 sides have scored the same or less, a lot less. We're within 5 goals of 4 other teams. Would love to score more goals and be thrilling to watch every week, who wouldn't, but football, and supporting our club, lets be fair, as rarely been that simple.

You really don't have to cast your mind that far back from some really dire football from the Albion. This is a battle, its pretty obvious many of our fans don't have the stomach for it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I enjoyed the game on saturday, having not enjoyed the Watford game. We still insist on playing two or three bottom end Premier League players, despite better options, and all the time that's the case we're going to be toward the bottom end of all statistics leagues. But we won't go down.

Agree with that. Our finishing hasn't been good enough, If it was, we'd have put all of West Ham, Fulham (Murray could have had 4 or 5), Watford and Burnley to the sword. It's not a stretch to say we really could be on ten more points right now.

But our general forward play, given the lack of pace in the squad, has largely been excellent.

I also agree largely, except for his nonsense dig at March, based purely on his prejudice. March did nothing wrong there at all - first touch was perfect, bringing the ball under control and away from the covering defender. The shot is not straight at the keeper, and he's absolutely leathered it. It is genuinely no exaggeration to suggest that 9 times out of 10 that goes in - and you can't really ask for better than that. Its simply an astonishing save.

Still, any opportunity for one of our loyal fans to have another dig at the local lad who has been comfortably our best attacking player in recent games.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I also agree largely, except for his nonsense dig at March, based purely on his prejudice. March did nothing wrong there at all - first touch was perfect, bringing the ball under control and away from the covering defender. The shot is not straight at the keeper, and he's absolutely leathered it. It is genuinely no exaggeration to suggest that 9 times out of 10 that goes in - and you can't really ask for better than that. Its simply an astonishing save.

Still, any opportunity for one of our loyal fans to have another dig at the local lad who has been comfortably our best attacking player in recent games.

Didn't have to move too far

jhj7.jpg

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Didn't have to move too far

View attachment 104535

As your two still images show, March has two players closing him down, and a third (Mee) covering the left of the goal. He's worked space and hammered the ball wide of the keeper. Everything he's done there is fine, and only brilliant reactive goalkeeping has denied him a goal.

If you're not actually trolling, and you genuinely think that Heaton doesn't have much to do there, in the reaction time available, then trying to discuss this with you is completely pointless. You haven't a clue.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I just wish that manager and players would cease from releasing the repeated dribble and word bingo post games, unless there is something to say.

Character / Momentum / Together / Learn / Bounce Back / Strength / Reaction / Response

So when you have responsibility for the motivation of the players, what should he be saying? Sounds like he said we are missing chances, but as a team we need support each other to change our luck and not rely on refereeing decisions..

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Think we will be ok this season just

We are probably only 1 bad transfer window off going down though.

Locadia and AJ offer very little IMHO

NEED Izzy back and firing asap. Andone out is costly.

It's ok people saying we need to go back to 4,4,1,1 etc but lets not forget that hasn't worked away either. Leicester next. New approach all together ? Expect the same team and set up though

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
The only stat that counts is points accumulated this season. So far we are not one of the worst 3 teams in the league. I don't think we will be at the end of the season either.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here