[News] BAFTA. Cringy stuff

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Blimey!

God made us all seemly!

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Ok I thank you for this award and I have come out as an atheist. I hope someone says that to please you.

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
I absolutely LOVE these 'luvey' award shows.

Well done everyone for such a stirling effort in doing the job you were trained, employed and paid for :drama:

Now let's increase the spectrum of such awards to include those that do a brilliant job of work in the NHS, the Samaritans, those who gladly give their time for free to help others,
to those that play a part in helping people fulfil their ambitions, hopes and aspirations etc etc etc

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.

Well done everyone for such a stirling effort in doing the job you were trained, employed and paid for :drama:

Now let's increase the spectrum of such awards to include those that do a brilliant job of work in the NHS, the Samaritans, those who gladly give their time for free to help others,
to those that play a part in helping people fulfil their ambitions, hopes and aspirations etc etc etc
It's called " The Pride of Britain awards " sponsored by numerous big companies.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Awards shows are just so tedious I don’t know how anyone can watch them, including the sports ones. The only people that care are those in the industry and that Colin Paterson **** from R5L.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
They should televise all industry awards events. It would make a great channel. Watching people from all different industries getting lagging in their once a year tux’s before stumbling off back to The Holiday Inn Victoria with the Mrs after having won best regional sales team.

Only one industry gets theirs televised and that one seems so full of awful self absorbed people, if it was put on a channel with all the others I bet people would soon prefer other ones with more down to earth people and we would be talking about the U.K. Coach Operators Awards instead.

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
Problem is that we the public are celebrity fixated. TV soap awards, The Brits and Baftas and Oscar's. The couch potatoes will vote for the best looking rather than acting/ singing ability. Take the recent TV awards, Ant hadn't been on the box for a year but still won best presenter. Say no more.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
They should televise all industry awards events. It would make a great channel. Watching people from all different industries getting lagging in their once a year tux’s before stumbling off back to The Holiday Inn Victoria with the Mrs after having won best regional sales team.

Only one industry gets theirs televised and that one seems so full of awful self absorbed people, if it was put on a channel with all the others I bet people would soon prefer other ones with more down to earth people and we would be talking about the U.K. Coach Operators Awards instead.
That would be an amazing channel. Especially the morning after interviews where Karen from HR has ended up in bed with "Barry from Sales" who she always said she hated, but....

There's serious Partridge style GOLD in TV like that.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014

This. There is a plumbers near us and I know a marketing team where I work who all got these industry awards and flash them all over their glossy brochures. And yet - they are over-priced, useless, utter di*kheads with no
talent whatsoever.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
The Grammys is the best. They are mental. One, just one, of those attending has a far bigger ego than anyone you have ever met. And there’s thousands of em there. Surely all this can be harnessed for good in some way.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Problem is that we the public are celebrity fixated. TV soap awards, The Brits and Baftas and Oscar's. The couch potatoes will vote for the best looking rather than acting/ singing ability. Take the recent TV awards, Ant hadn't been on the box for a year but still won best presenter. Say no more.

The case of Ant in particular, strikes me as being close to a North Korean election result.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004

The Kate Granger Award for Compassionate Care is your NHS one. Obviously an event that won’t monopolise prime Sunday TV but an award recognised by the sector for exceptional people working in the nhs/care industry.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Awards are all very well for those in their respective industries - I don’t have a problem with peers recognising the achievements of others in their field.
What I object to is foistering it all on the general public by televising it as some kind of “entertainment”. I watched a bit of last night’s and it proved the point. A cheap cop out time filler for TV channels hoping that something untoward happens to make it eventful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here