Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Derry Girls

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Really enjoyed the first series and didn't realise there was a second one on the way.

Jul 7, 2003
Really enjoyed the first series and didn't realise there was a second one on the way.

Just started being promoted on C4 this weekend.

Slightly disturbing that the short blonde on in the picture is actually 32 years old!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The first series was really funny - even if they're the oldest looking schoolgirls you're ever likely to see.
Looking forward to this

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I watched on catch-up last night after the rest of the house was asleep. It was a hard thing to do: I was desperately trying not to wake people up by laughing too loudly. It's seriously funny

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Why?

Does Shane Duffy get to decide what a Cities official name is.

Colloquially, it has always been Derry - Unionists only ever started giving a shit about calling it Londonderry during the troubles. Call it what you like, just don't be a smart arse about it, and why should anyone here give a toss about it?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Colloquially, it has always been Derry - Unionists only ever started giving a shit about calling it Londonderry during the troubles. Call it what you like, just don't be a smart arse about it, and why should anyone here give a toss about it?

Agreed Derry is a derivation of the original Gaelic name...

Disagree about why give a toss. In the 60's (and before) Derry had roughly a 2:1 ratio of catholic voters to protestant yet had only 40% of the council seats. Everything had been rigged to maintain protestant power. It is here that the civil rights movement had most of its support following on from what had happened in the southern USA. The roots of the troubles and 4,000 deaths lie here with the struggle for equality and not with Irish nationalism.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Agreed Derry is a derivation of the original Gaelic name...

Disagree about why give a toss. In the 60's (and before) Derry had roughly a 2:1 ratio of catholic voters to protestant yet had only 40% of the council seats. Everything had been rigged to maintain protestant power. It is here that the civil rights movement had most of its support following on from what had happened in the southern USA. The roots of the troubles and 4,000 deaths lie here with the struggle for equality and not with Irish nationalism.

You misunderstand my point I think - I am aware of everything you say in your second paragraph, but what I'm objecting to is why Hillian saw fit to make a fuss over anyone calling the city Derry - that is perfectly reasonable, as is calling it Londonderry.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
You misunderstand my point I think - I am aware of everything you say in your second paragraph, but what I'm objecting to is why Hillian saw fit to make a fuss over anyone calling the city Derry - that is perfectly reasonable, as is calling it Londonderry.

Ok sorry......

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here