Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
France might be somewhat embarrassed at the final whistle

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I hope we carry on, being on the front foot. Easy to take the foot off the gas with a big h/t lead.

Those 40 minutes whizzed by. Partly due to a dearth of TMO stoppages.

We are at our best with 20 mins to go. I think we could absolutely thrash them by 30 to 40 points :shrug:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Would be great. I’ve watched England for over 40 years, and loved the frequent drubbings handed by the Guscott, Underwood, Winterbotham, Richards teams.

Funny you should mention Guscott, not a big fan myself. I thought he was a flat track bully, great when we were doing well but disappeared and ineffective when the going got tough. I fecking hate him as a pundit too, which may have influenced my opinion of him. Johnny Wlikinson however is a great pundit having been a bit shy and nervous when he first started punditry.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Funny you should mention Guscott, not a big fan myself. I thought he was a flat track bully, great when we were doing well but disappeared and ineffective when the going got tough. I fecking hate him as a pundit too, which may have influenced my opinion of him. Johnny Wlikinson however is a great pundit having been a bit shy and nervous when he first started punditry.

Guscott helped win the Lions a tour against an arrogant Aussies in 89 and SA in 97, with the vital contributions. The highest possible level in RU. Similarly outstanding in brutal battles in Paris where we won for a decade.

Jonny was also a brilliant player, his final years in Toulon showed his class even more, and he’s a great pundit.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Not sure about the penalty try. Ashton lost control before the tackle.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Big kick off, angry French players

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm not going to argue with the ref/TMO

He clearly does though. Sometimes I think the TMO needs more back bone. Owens is an outstanding ref but he isn't always right.

That said, I know he's an old nag sometimes but he dealt with Sinclair well in the touchline incident.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here