Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Are we going down?

Are we gong down?

• Total voters

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
On form we are certs to go down , luckily for us we amassed a decent tally before christmas so i'm assuming we will bag at least 10 points between now and the end of the season , will 37 points be enough is the question , i keep telling myself yes , so to cut a long story short , no .

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
If we can't beat or even match teams like Burnley or Fulham, we are in deep steaming [emoji90]

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Another thread about sleep enuresis.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I honestly don’t see Cardiff going down now. Warnock has totally galvanised them, they have been really difficult to beat at home all season and are now picking up points away.

Their next 5 games are Watford, Everton, Wolves, West Ham and Brighton, 3 of them at home so I would expect them to take a good number of points from those games. Southampton on the other hand have got Arsenal, Fulham, Man Utd, Tottenham and Watford, 3 of them away so I wouldn’t expect them to get much out of those.

Are those fixtures easy for Cardiff? Watford, Everton and West ham at home are their easiest left

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Back-to-back home games against Cardiff and Southampton in March will pretty much decide our fate. Hudds are gone, Fulham almost too - only one place left probs.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Don't know. Maybe. And if we do CH is the man to bring us back up again. Seemed to be a lot of people in the media a couple of months back already writing us on for staying up. Didn't like that kind of chat then, certainly looks a bit silly now.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Things have been lacking a bit of BITE recently. Maybe Chris just wants to SPICE things up a bit and a relegation battle would certainly GRAB my attention.

I’m SICK of mid-table mediocre already.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Very much on the fence.

The way we are playing at present it's hard to see how we pick up many more points.

They may turn it around or put in a performance or two that they pull out of their arse and get points where not expected.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Or Maty being MOM, been a long time since that happened.

Exactly.
Rushed straight back in after his sojourn in the Middle East and has looked shaky and unsettled since. Coupled with Dunk deciding to have two absolute mares v Fulham and Burnley and an expected 4 points have gone begging and the knives are out.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Gone for fence but CH needs to shake up the team and drop the under performers. Gross for one

Ah....but history shows that he doesn't. He prefers to stick with his ' tried and trusted ' Most fans are crying out for more pace in the side but he persists with his predictable line-up that sees us labouring to get the ball upfield. Substitutions are only made if there is an injury, sending off or we are 2 nil down. He lays down the gameplan and gives the players a minimum of 70 minutes to get it right. We see other managers hauling off players in the first half, at HT and early in the second half, whilst we do nothing and watch the game slip out of reach. It is frustrating to many but this is his character. He isn't proactive and he doesn't gamble much.
For me, if we are to stay out of trouble, it is down to the players lifting themselves over the last 12 games. Players like Ryan, Dunk, Montoya and Gross have to get back to previous higher levels and we have to have Bernardo, Bissouma, Andone and Izquierdo starting regularly. The manager isn't going to change much.
I believe we will get enough points but the home games are vital now and we have to stay unbeaten at the Amex until Citeh arrive on the last day to win the title.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
No, we’re not. Of course, the matches against the teams around us could go either way but we’ve been unfortunate not to take more from a game against Watford (who’ll finish comfortably top half) and Burnley (who are back to last season’s form). Even in the debacle at Fulham, we played very well first half to go 2 up. The players have it in them to stop this run and they will. 9 or 10 points from home games against Cardiff, Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Southampton and Newcastle at home should do it. Not easy but, rationally, we’d have been very content with that at the outset and, paradoxically, would be seeing it as an opportunity if we were a few points adrift.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here