Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Are we going down?

Are we gong down?

• Total voters

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No, but I think it'll get worse ( loss v Leicester ) before it gets better.

We really need 3 points v Huddersfield to get back on track. And losing to Cardiff at the Amex would be cataclysmic.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Given the meltdown on here and our recent results I think it’s a reasonable poll?

So why not pose the questions in a less pejorative and more reasonable way?

O I think we're going down
O I think we'll stay up
O I don't know

..... and I might have voted. But 'Yes, yes we are' or 'No of course we're not' - no, I can't say I fit into either of those - or 'fence'.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
No, but I think it'll get worse ( loss v Leicester ) before it gets better.

We really need 3 points v Huddersfield to get back on track. And losing to Cardiff at the Amex would be cataclysmic.
Also Cardiff have Watford and Everton up next at home ..... I wish I never looked now !!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So why not pose the questions in a less pejorative and more reasonable way?

O I think we're going down
O I think we'll stay up
O I don't know

..... and I might have voted. But 'Yes, yes we are' or 'No of course we're not' - no, I can't say I fit into either of those - or 'fence'.

Semantics :smile:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
People are putting a lot of faith in what they regard as a winnable run of games. But so far this season we've taken one point from Fulham, lost home and away to Burnley, and lost at Cardiff. It's going to take more than that to keep us up.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think we'll finish with about 34 points.

So it's whether that's enough.
Probably not enough any longer because of Cardiff's revival.

36 ( with a favourable goal difference ) should be.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
We've been very, very unlucky, two ridiculous goalkeepers in the last two games plus the 'referee'. Beat Huddersfield, Cardiff and Southampton and we'll be fine. If we don't win those, yes, probably, but luck tends to even up.

Apropos of yesterday's appalling, Sunday afternoon park football referee, anyone else share the view that in the same way that players can get retrospective three match bans for violent conduct, referrees should get a three match ban for ludicrous amateur decisions which change the course of games?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Christ NSC is embarrassing after a defeat. Can we all get a grip, please?

Having not won a league fixture this year, do you honestly believe that it’s unreasonable for people to start getting a bit ****ing twitchy having amassed something absurd like 5 points from the last 30?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
We've been very, very unlucky, two ridiculous goalkeepers in the last two games plus the 'referee'. Beat Huddersfield, Cardiff and Southampton and we'll be fine. If we don't win those, yes, probably, but luck tends to even up.

Apropos of yesterday's appalling, Sunday afternoon park football referee, anyone else share the view that in the same way that players can get retrospective three match bans for violent conduct, referrees should get a three match ban for ludicrous amateur decisions which change the course of games?

That would involve the FA admitting that one of their refs had cocked up, never going to happen.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
There are 10 teams separated by 9 points. It’s never going to be easy to stay in the PL. there are well established teams that also struggle. The reality is that a lot of the teams above us spend more money. Wolves are where they are because they have thrown a lot of money into buying players. I would rather our run of games then Cardiff. They have a lot of tough games left. We need to look at Huddersfield, Newcastle, Southampton and Cardiff, all games that we should at the very least not lose. 2 wins and 2 draws should make a big difference. Then let’s hope for something from the Bournemouth, Wolves and Palace. Get a couple of points and we should have 37 points. Personally I think we will get to 39 points and safety.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Having not won a league fixture this year, do you honestly believe that it’s unreasonable for people to start getting a bit ****ing twitchy having amassed something absurd like 5 points from the last 30?

Form of LLLDL in the second half of the season, makes this a very legitimate discussion.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
What about after 6 points from the last 11 matches?

What about it?

We're not an established Premier League side, so we've always got to look over our shoulder. There's a difference between being aware we're not safe to actively thinking we're doomed. There's at least three teams worse than us, and I think the table will reflect that at the end of the season.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
i dont thin k that we will go down if CH get can get us back to basics and our defending strength with counter attacking goals. I think that with our homes games and 1 surprise win away at either Leicester or Wolves we will survive. An important issue could be getting Izzy back to fitness as AJ does not seem to be the answer.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
After two home games where Foster and Heaton have stopped us winning the games, we could do with someone like Dubravka letting one slip in.

We are staying in the PL

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I’m backing the boys. We’ll stay up but after having having the first half of the season did, we should not be in this vulnerable position now we now find ourselves in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here