Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] On the back of yesterday's debacle

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Look where we were when Chris took over. Under Hyypia football was REALLY dire. I mean just bloody awful.

TB stood by him and Hyypia bowed out (thank god).

TB will stick by CH and so he should. Chris has been in this position before and I think he needs to be given the time to sort it out.

Even if we get relegated, Chris should be allowed the time to get us back up.

Dyche and Burnley are a stable club because of stability all across the boards. They didn't sack him when they got relegated and didn't when they've sat in the bottom 3 this season despite their excellent season last year.

CH needs time and us behind him to sort it out. :albion2:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Why we lost ? Burnley are the best at what they do . They get the job done within the laws of the game . Don’t like it anymore than anyone else but clueless Chris has hit his ceiling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are these previous teams Norwich and Newcastle? I had missed that they have become embedded into the fabric of the EPL and knocking on the door or the Europa League each season.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We are actually playing quite well. We have 5 very winnable home games left. Let's continue to get behind the team and the manager and who knows maybe we'll still get a surprise win away from home too. #together #stayingup

Attacking/creating well, but definitely NOT playing well defensively with 7 goals conceded against 2 bottom 3 clubs.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
As per last week, Hughton is a great manager, no way should he go.

However, what I do wonder is the value of his coaching team.

If you are hearing the same suggestions week on week, perhaps a new face/replacement for Trollope is required, I don’t know.

'Hughton is a great manager'.
Well, I beg to differ. Just for example, would a great manager have a team with an absolutely appalling away record, like ours? Would a great manager be seemingly outfoxed time and time again by the managers of our lowly rated rivals?
I would say, no.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
'Hughton is a great manager'.
Well, I beg to differ. Just for example, would a great manager have a team with an absolutely appalling away record, like ours? Would a great manager be seemingly outfoxed time and time again by the managers of our lowly rated rivals?
I would say, no.

A great manager would take a team from the brink of relegation to League 1 to promotion to the premier league in two years.

A great manager would against the odds survive relegation from the PL despite having the second lowest overall budget as I recall.

If he is as bad as you suggest, we surely would be bottom....

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
We didn't play that badly, we made chances and were stopped by an outstanding goalkeeping performance.

Another day and a little more luck we would have got something from the game.

Don't get me wrong, things are not right. But I still have faith in Hughton to fix the problems. he 4-3-3 needs work and I think we need to revert back to last years formation and tactics to see the job through. Then we start again.

Without Gross at number 10 everything seems to go down the flanks and those bloody cross field balls to Bong didn't work once did they.

We are still going to stay up and we are learning all the time. Don't throw the baby out with the bath water or your toys out of the pram.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
A great manager would take a team from the brink of relegation to League 1 to promotion to the premier league in two years.

A great manager would against the odds survive relegation from the PL despite having the second lowest overall budget as I recall.

If he is as bad as you suggest, we surely would be bottom....

And if he was as great as you believe, we wouldn't have such a disastrous away record and appear to be sinking like a stone with seemingly no idea how to halt the decline!
Suggest we agree to disagree!:thumbsup:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
And if he was as great as you believe, we wouldn't have such a disastrous away record and appear to be sinking like a stone with seemingly no idea how to halt the decline!

Managers can only do so much with players. We’re where I expected to be at the start, fighting with a group of teams around 1ppg. Hughton’s overachieved up to the new year, the disappointment is we’ve hit a slump when we could have pulled well clear. As Southampton, Fulham and Huddersfield are experiencing, managers can only do so much.

Ultimately Hughton doesn’t make Dunk slip, or his players miss chances.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Why we lost ? Burnley are the best at what they do . They get the job done within the laws of the game . Don’t like it anymore than anyone else but clueless Chris has hit his ceiling

Burnley have just had a record breaking run for them, they’re the inform team below the top 6, and they’ve just pulled level with us on points. I suggest you’ve bumped your head on the ceiling.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Managers can only do so much with players. We’re where I expected to be at the start, fighting with a group of teams around 1ppg. Hughton’s overachieved up to the new year, the disappointment is we’ve hit a slump when we could have pulled well clear. As Southampton, Fulham and Huddersfield are experiencing, managers can only do so much.

Quality post, agree with every point.

Dunk and Duffy’s mistakes gifted Burnley a 2 goal lead, and a near inevitable win. Hughton mentioned is his BT interview that his overriding thoughts on the match, were the manner in which we conceded all three goals.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Quality post, agree with every point.

Dunk and Duffy’s mistakes gifted Burnley a 2 goal lead, and a near inevitable win. Hughton mentioned is his BT interview that his overriding thoughts on the match, were the manner in which we conceded all three goals.

Do CH wasn't 'outsmarted' by Dyche then?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Definitely [emoji106]

I do feel we need to freshen the coaching team around him....

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Do CH wasn't 'outsmarted' by Dyche then?

Wood and Barnes exposed a hapless Dunk and Dunky several times. Several NSC posters this morning talking about how Dyche nullified our wide threats, allowing Bong to have the ball. McNeil, Westwood and Hendrick running CM (see all the posts fed up with Stephens and Gross). Better in finishibg, far better at defending.

Yes, Dyche unfortunately came out clearly on top.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
I have no answers to all the conundrums currently on NSC. However, am impressed the OP posted this at 04.44 when I was deep into my sleep!!!

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
You and [MENTION=13715]jimhigham[/MENTION] have cheered me up a bit, but even you guys note a need for change. I won't repeat myself again.....and I hope CH won't either.

I think there's a need to change, but that change needs to be well measured. It's not time to panic - but I don't think your posts have suggested that. You're asking that we look at mixing the system up a bit; ask some questions about how we need to change tack in games if required.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I have no answers to all the conundrums currently on NSC. However, am impressed the OP posted this at 04.44 when I was deep into my sleep!!!
Getting ready for work.
Had been up since 04:15.

If you think my ramblings are incoherent now, just you wait till the middle of the night (8pm) tonight.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Great post and spot on.....

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here