Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Houghton needs to go, he's taken us as far as he can

Feb 9, 2019
Following today's debacle, Houghton has shown he incapable of keeping us up. He has done well to get us this far, but relegation would be unthinkable, although that looks like where we are heading at the moment.

The Watford result showed similar flaws in his approach. If the board wont do something to try to keep us up then we need to make more noise. Leaflets maybe if this run of results continues. A few of us had a brief chat after the game regarding the logistics.

I'm sure it's not just us four from Steyning that feel like this. This cannot go on.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Poor run of results yes, but that’s not all down to the manager.

Foster/Heaton on fire and poor decisions last night.

How would changing the manager help change those things?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Following today's debacle, Houghton has shown he incapable of keeping us up. He has done well to get us this far, but relegation would be unthinkable, although that looks like where we are heading at the moment.

The Watford result showed similar flaws in his approach. If the board wont do something to try to keep us up then we need to make more noise. Leaflets maybe if this run of results continues. A few of us had a brief chat after the game regarding the logistics.

I'm sure it's not just us four from Steyning that feel like this. This cannot go on.

It's good, but almost too perfect in its execution, the spelling of Hughton, the suggestion of leaflets.

Possibly just 'one and done' for 'Stenning Seagull'?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

I was as shocked and disappointed as anyone after watching yesterday's game, but to suggest ousting Chris Hughton is absolutely ridiculous. Who do you think can do a better job then?

Yes we are going through a poor run of results at the moment, but people need to get real. We were in a relegation scrap before a ball was even kicked this season, we are a team punching way above it's weight, new to the Premier League, and with a small playing budget. Just retaing our place in this league is a monumental achievement. Perhaps after a few seasons, should we manage to stay here, we can slowly build on that, but not yet awhile. Chris is doing a very difficult job as well as he can.

By the way, what good are these 'leaflets' of yours going to do?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Can we replace him with Hughton?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Who would you replace him with though.

Some pillock sets himself up with a new membership of NSC and posts something to make a name for himself - and is quite rightly ignored for 7 hours. Second account or Palarse is my guess.........................

Pity you started the replies coming in, eh? :wink:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

:fishing: End

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Almost fell for that. The problem is the 'Houghton' miss-use isn't really a thing anymore.

el punal

Of course it can’t go on, he’s not even our manager.

mickybha

Jan 2, 2010

You burnt your own town you burnt your own town you stupid ******** you burn your own town

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I feel for us to progress as a club we need to increase the wage structure. Paying around £50k tops in this league won't get you much.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here