Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ***PLAYER RATINGS vs BURNLEY***

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But for poor finishing Barnes missed header it could of been worse but U carry on listening to the radio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had Joe Had been in goal that would have been a consolation goal.

Don't get me wrong, it was a shit night, with individual misstakes, very poor officiating in weather conditions that can only be described as 'Burnley in the Summertime'.

But a proper shitehouse evening doesn't mean the baby has to be thrown out with the bathwater.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Copied from the other thread...

Ryan - 5

Montoya - 2
Duffy - 7 MOTM
Dunk - 5
Bong - 2

Propper - 6
Stephens - 1
Gross - 3

March - 7
Murray - 6
Locadia - 3

Subs;
Knockaert - 6
Bissouma - 5
Jahanbakhsh - 4

Duffy 7 ? Watch Burnley’s second goal, shocking defending by Duffy. Gave Wood all the space and time in the world to make a goal out of nothing.

At 0-1, we were well in the game.

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
Duffy 7 ? Watch Burnley’s second goal, shocking defending by Duffy. Gave Wood all the space and time in the world to make a goal out of nothing.

At 0-1, we were well in the game.

This. Duffy backed off which led to the goal. Our defence which has previously been so strong is showing worrying signs of strain. Given the excellence of the opponents goalkeepers in the last 2 games I dont think you can blame results on our forward players.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Ryan -5 suffered in comparison to Heaton who prevented four goals whilst Matt gave away one.
Bong- 5.5 worked hard with good intentions
Dunk - 5.5 very expensive mistake
Duffy - 6 gives everything and is a goal threat
Montoya - 5 Bang average
Stephens - 5 the number of times he slowed the game down was so frustrating, not have by a good season and for me Kayal offers more controlled aggression and forward impetus.
Propper - 6 not up to his recent top performances and got bullied in midfield.
March - 6.5 made things happen but needs to be 1 second quicker in everything he does.
Locadia - 6.5 there is a really good player in there and some of his passes weee. Excellent in the first half.
Gross - 7 thought he played well and got over some great crosses and it would have been a beautiful goal if Heaton hadn’t made a great save.
Murray - 6 easily marshalled by an excellent Burnley defense.
Knoekart - 6 tried to make things happen with little success.
Bissouma - 6 made no meaningful impact when he came on and one very slack moment
Ali J - 5.5 not slating him as he did nothing wrong but I haven’t seen anything from him yet to get really excited about.

Referee and team -2 absolutely abject and an embarrassment to the profession of refereeing.

Hughton - 4 Feels like we have been found out as we set up the same every single week. We want to play the ball out from defense all the time and aggressive teams can harry us into mistakes. Midfield overwhelmed (why not play 3 in midfield with Kayal on occasion). We played like the away team and constantly invited pressure on a fragile defense. He definitely lost the battle to Dyche who is a really vile character and every time the camera goes to him, I feel like smashing the TV. Overall a typical game against an ugly effective team who always get the best of us. OK there were positives from the game, we made Heaton earn his corn with an outstanding display, Gross played better than his recent performances and I thought Locadia shows glimpse of the outstanding player he could be.

Best summary so far!

10/10 :clap2::clap2:

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Having slept on it and watched MOTD
6 = average

Ryan 5 - Has to save the vital 2nd, wasn’t good for the 1st either. Otherwise actually strangely didn’t have a lot to do.
Montoya 6 - I thought he did OK, some of the passes to him from Duffy made me think “what is he meant to do with that Shane?”
Duffy 6 - Marked up a point for the goal. Very worrying that in Fulham and yesterday he was bullied.
Dunk 4 - Worst game of the season by a mile. Slip was unfortunate but what the hell was he doing for their 3rd?
Bong 7 - Fair dues, he worked tirelessly up and down, actually delivered some decent crosses too, seems to be growing in confidence too.
Gross 6 - So much quality but this isn’t his position and definitely not against this pub side yesterday. Hughton needs to change back to 4-4-1-1 or drop Gross, it’s that simple IMO.
Stephens 4 - Woeful. I mean properly shit. Their 2nd started with his pathetic ‘tackle’ which I’m told by the experts on here is why he is in the team. Play Propper there and bring in Yves.
Propper 5 - Needs to be central, was at left wing at one point. He’s our best midfielder.
March 7 - Our main threat 1st half, I really hope his injury is minor. Should have scored though. Unlucky with header but Heaton shouldn’t have been given any chance with his shot.
Murray 6 - Worked his socks off. Fouled time and again = nothing. I blame those dickheads on MOTD.
Locadia 6 - Lazy. There’s no excuse for that. However anything creative came through him or March.

AK 5 - Hold your position you showboating Diva. Was getting in everyone’s way and not providing the out ball that March does. I can totally appreciate now why March has his place now.
Bissouma 6 - Made mistakes but he’s immediately positive in everything he does, tries to go forward.
Ali 5 - An absolute quandary for CH. I think he needs games but we don’t have that luxury now. I’m not sure what position this guy plays in?

Management 4 - We are too predictable. The way we set up and the in game changes (or lack of). Needs to take a leaf out of Burnley’s book and go back to what worked (4-4-1-1) or drop certain names.

Ref 2 - The accessor marks this team get should see them in league one next weekend. Shambles. If I was the ref I’d be mighty angry at my linesman, the ref was potentially unsighted for the pen but his Lino was staring straight at it!!

Oppo N/A - What a horrible bunch of ***** no wonder their fans can’t be bothered. Ugly football, ugly manager, cheats. 10 rugby league players. This is the best league in the world apparently.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Ryan - 5 - Should've done better for the second. Can't blame him for the others.
Montoya - 5 - Not his usual self.
Duffy - 6 - Good goal. Struggled with Wood/Barnes
Dunk - 4 - Hope Southgate wasn't watching and comparing him with Tarkowski.
Bong - 5 - Can not cross the ball. Bernardo should have played.
Gross - 6 - Playing out of position. Still made a few nice passes.
Stephens - 4 - Not in the game. Should've been taken off for Bissouma at HT.
Propper - 5 - He's been fantastic recently, but not on Saturday.
March - 6 - Was our only threat in the first half. Shame he had to go off.
Locadia - 4 - He is no where near this level. Need Jose back ASAP.
Murray - 5 - Game probably suited Andone more.

Knockaert - 6.5 - Good delivery for goal. Looked positive. Must start next league game.
Bissouma - 6 - great to see him looking to take the ball forward. Hughton won't like that though.
Ali J - 4 - Looking like a waste of money. Played well midweek, but is the Prem a step too far?

Hughton - 3 - Must take the blame. Poor team selection, and left it too late to try and change the game.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
This. Duffy backed off which led to the goal.
Not This. What actually led to the goal was Stephens dangling his leg at the ball in a half arsed attempt at a tackle. Duffy was then left with the choice of closing the ball or closing Wood...admittedly he did neither but was left exposed by Stephens.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Ryan - 4 Should have done better with the second

Montoya - 4 too small for this league, we need a bit of physicality in that position
Duffy - 6 marked up one for the goal
Dunk - 5
Bong - 5 Not his fault that most passes were played behind him

Propper - 6
Stephens - 1 for being able to put his shirt on the right way round, other than that he was shocking
Gross - 3 unlucky not to score, but still not really working for him in the new formation

March - 7 MOM
Murray - 5
Locadia - 3 Not a winger, not a solo front man, probably needs to be up top in a 4-4-2...which we never play.

Subs;
Knockaert - 6 good delivery for the goal
Bissouma - 5 at least he tried
Jahanbakhsh - 4 not enough time on the ball

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I've avoided doing this so that I can try and be rational

Ryan 5 - he's not in great form and should've got to the second and made himself bigger for the first. Didn't seem to touch Barnes for the pen though. He just doesn't look as confident since his return.
Montoya 5 - decent with his passing but lost the ball at least twice from memory just from poor control. Set up a couple of chances too but he seemed to struggle with the direct nature of their game and constantly being on the half turn.
Duffy 5 - he got a goal which lifts his mark up, but he got bullied all afternoon and his passing was typically poor. It's becoming a worrying trend with him and Dunk being bullied by stronger strikers, despite their size.
Dunk 5 - unlucky with the slip for their first goal which ultimately proved costly, but he was decent on the ball. Like Duffy, he got bullied far too much and far too easily.
Bong 5.5 - his winger had the better of him for much of the match and he was at least partly culpable for the crucial second goal. He did, however, create a couple of chances which shows an improvement offensively, even if his offensive play generally slowed us down quite drastically at times.
March 7 - by far and away out best player in the first half and we suffered quite drastically when he came off. Should've scored though, which brings his mark down.
Gross 5.5 - should've scored too, but on a positive note he created chances as usual. Unfortunately, his defensive work is poor and he's too easy to bypass in that deeper position.
Stephens 4 - crikey. Just really bad.
Propper 6 - a decent performance without excelling. He's having to provide all the dynamism in midfield at the moment whilst also dictating play and also trying to get in the box. It's a big ask.
Locadia 5 - suffering without Bernardo now. This was the first bad performance I've seen from him, but he needs to improve going both ways if he's to keep his place.
Murray 4 - poor hold up play, no dynamism, got bullied. This system doesn't suit him.

Subs:
Knockaert 5 - a good assist from the set piece, but otherwise he was much less threatening than March and we struggled to create anything down that side once he came on.
Jahanbakhsh 5 - I don't want to be too harsh as he had limited time, but he looks so far off the pace it's scary to think how much we spent on him.
Bissouma 5 - brought dynamism but tried too hard to impress. If we are to continue with 433, he needs to be starting. Scrap it, he needs to start whatever.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Ryan 5 - he's not in great form and should've got to the second and made himself bigger for the first. Didn't seem to touch Barnes for the pen though. He just doesn't look as confident since his return.
Montoya 5 - decent with his passing but lost the ball at least twice from memory just from poor control. Set up a couple of chances too but he seemed to struggle with the direct nature of their game and constantly being on the half turn.
Duffy 5 - he got a goal which lifts his mark up, but he got bullied all afternoon and his passing was typically poor. It's becoming a worrying trend with him and Dunk being bullied by stronger strikers, despite their size.
Dunk 5 - unlucky with the slip for their first goal which ultimately proved costly, but he was decent on the ball. Like Duffy, he got bullied far too much and far too easily.
Bong 5.5 - his winger had the better of him for much of the match and he was at least partly culpable for the crucial second goal. He did, however, create a couple of chances which shows an improvement offensively, even if his offensive play generally slowed us down quite drastically at times.
March 7 - by far and away out best player in the first half and we suffered quite drastically when he came off. Should've scored though, which brings his mark down.
Gross 5.5 - should've scored too, but on a positive note he created chances as usual. Unfortunately, his defensive work is poor and he's too easy to bypass in that deeper position.
Propper 6 - a decent performance without excelling. He's having to provide all the dynamism in midfield at the moment whilst also dictating play and also trying to get in the box. It's a big ask.
Locadia 5 - suffering without Bernardo now. This was the first bad performance I've seen from him, but he needs to improve going both ways if he's to keep his place.
Murray 4 - poor hold up play, no dynamism, got bullied. This system doesn't suit him.

Subs:
Knockaert 5 - a good assist from the set piece, but otherwise he was much less threatening than March and we struggled to create anything down that side once he came on.
Jahanbakhsh 5 - I don't want to be too harsh as he had limited time, but he looks so far off the pace it's scary to think how much we spent on him.
Bissouma 5 - brought dynamism but tried too hard to impress. If we are to continue with 433, he needs to be starting. Scrap it, he needs to start whatever.[/QUOTE]

Looks a good prospect but I am concerned that he is the type of player who can easily get 2 yellows in a game. Also sometimes beats 2 or 3 players and then loses the ball.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

Subs:
Bissouma 5 - brought dynamism but tried too hard to impress. If we are to continue with 433, he needs to be starting. Scrap it, he needs to start whatever.[/QUOTE]

Looks a good prospect but I am concerned that he is the type of player who can easily get 2 yellows in a game. Also sometimes beats 2 or 3 players and then loses the ball.

Yeh, I don't disagree with that, particularly the latter part. But we just don't have the mobility in the middle of the park with a 3 of Stephens, Gross and Propper. It puts too much emphasis on Propper, stifling him. I just thought the midfield looked a lot more balanced against Watford with Propper sitting and dictating, and the other two either side of him. For all Gross' faults, he creates too many chances for us to drop him. That leaves Stephens as the odd one out for me personally. Not that I think he's a bad player, just that I think we're better balanced without him in the side at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here