Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ***PLAYER RATINGS vs BURNLEY***

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
100% agree. Ref awful. Also when Bong got injured (after he hesitated), their player deliberately rattled him and knew what he was doing. Stone wall yellow at least......

Complete bloody clown, the corner thing was ridiculous, who's ever seen a ref change their mind, because players got in his ear.......
Warns Heaton about time wasting in the first half and early on in the second, Heaton then continues to waste time for the rest of the game....

Appalling....

He was completely out of his depth, at least I hope it was that and nothing more sinister

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Ryan 6 Not sure he could have done better
Bong 7 Did ok in defence and attack
Dunk 4 Not first time he has slipped and aimless long ball that gave away possession for 2nd
Duffy 6 Where were him and Dunk for 3rd goal.
Montoya 4 Tough game with most of attacking play down his side.
Stevens 4 told by manager he does such a good job for team but I dont see it and prefer Kayal. .Maybe ok to hold on for draw or a lead but offers nothing when we are chasing game.
Propper 6 Did ok.
Gross 3 Contributed nothing give Bassoma a go
March 6 Our best attacking threat.
Murray 5 Has to play as only one who will put away any chances but does nothing apart from that.
Locardia 3 This experiment must end. He is not a wide player. He will end up been third choice central striker.
Manager I know what his team will be every week. Dont understand he doesnt take in account opposition system when picking team. Today for eg to combat there midfield another midfielder would have been more use then having Locadia. What do I know because I consider 2 of our weakest players are Stevens and Gross and am sure they will be picked for all games.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
So what is it? Very mixed ratings lads, is the whole team shitehouse or not?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Bit like Fulham away - look very good then collapsed dramatically and lost.

Love Dunk as a player but I am not sure he is good enough to be captain. Based on what I have seen I would give Bruno more game time as a) he will do as well as Montoya b) he shows some leadership ( he gave Andone a bollocking for the foul on Wednesday)

I would get the midfielders in for extra shooting practise as they really need to start contributing.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
F*** me. I’m wading through waves of bed wet pish here. Let’s get some perspective.

6 - average

Ryan - 6 Got close to the penalty and almost gloved the 2nd away. Heaton got a 10, comparisons are pointless.
Montoya - 6 Solid enough but not enough inspiration going forward.
Bong - 7 Didn’t let us down defensively and was bright in attack.
Duffy - 7 Good goal, didn’t do too much wrong.
Dunk - 6 - He slipped. Other than that- average game.
March - 7 Didn’t do too much wrong. World class keeping and poor luck quashed him.
Stephens - 5 Really dull. Needs to offer more going forward against a relegation threatens club.
Pröpper- 6 No where near his recent levels.
Locadia - 7 Some brilliant assists in the 1st half but did not get central when needed.
Groß - 5 Not in our top three central midfielders so why play him there?
Murray - 6 As usual, nothing from the ref. Was very well marked by the Burnley back line.

AJ - 5 Just didn’t get into the game.
Bissouma - 6 Tried his best - nothing really came off.
Knockaert - 6 Neat and tidy. Drove the team on in the 2nd half.

Feck me we lost 3-1 at home to a team below us in the league u give 4 players 7
And 7 players average score of 6 [emoji23]
How did we ever lose . Incredible March went off about 2 mins in 2nd half .i find it hard to believe u were at the game at all locadia biggest waste of money we ever spent .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Did you listen to Rachel Brown-Finnis, I think her name was, ex England ladies goal keeper who explained the difference between the ball hitting the palm of the GK hand and him attacking it and pushing it away. I know that she was a female keeper but sounded very knowledgeable

She obviously knows her goalkeeping theory but I've actually seen her do the practical. Easier to talk the talk than walk the walk, as many of us would no doubt agree. .

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
F*** me. I’m wading through waves of bed wet pish here. Let’s get some perspective.

6 - average

Ryan - 6 Got close to the penalty and almost gloved the 2nd away. Heaton got a 10, comparisons are pointless.
Montoya - 6 Solid enough but not enough inspiration going forward.
Bong - 7 Didn’t let us down defensively and was bright in attack.
Duffy - 7 Good goal, didn’t do too much wrong.
Dunk - 6 - He slipped. Other than that- average game.
March - 7 Didn’t do too much wrong. World class keeping and poor luck quashed him.
Stephens - 5 Really dull. Needs to offer more going forward against a relegation threatens club.
Pröpper- 6 No where near his recent levels.
Locadia - 7 Some brilliant assists in the 1st half but did not get central when needed.
Groß - 5 Not in our top three central midfielders so why play him there?
Murray - 6 As usual, nothing from the ref. Was very well marked by the Burnley back line.

AJ - 5 Just didn’t get into the game.
Bissouma - 6 Tried his best - nothing really came off.
Knockaert - 6 Neat and tidy. Drove the team on in the 2nd half.

I want some of what you're on

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
So what is it? Very mixed ratings lads, is the whole team shitehouse or not?

We lack leadership on the field without Bruno. Dunk isn't a natural captain and none of the rest of the players - apart maybe from Duffy and Ryan - seem to want to gee the others up when things are going wrong. .

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Copied from the other thread...

Ryan - 5

Montoya - 2
Duffy - 7 MOTM
Dunk - 5
Bong - 2

Propper - 6
Stephens - 1
Gross - 3

March - 7
Murray - 6
Locadia - 3

Subs;
Knockaert - 6
Bissouma - 5
Jahanbakhsh - 4

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Ryan - you are able to make a save - 2
Montoya - 4 - generallyy shite
Bong - 3 Always shite
Dunk - 3 thinks he is a better player then he is
Duffy - 3 as above
Stephens - 2 championship at best
Propper - 5 flatters to deceive, when will you score
Locardia - 1 just **** off back to Holland. Utter shite
March - 5 at least Solly tries
Gross - 2 been completely found out this year, waste of a shirt!
Murray - 5 puts the rest shame!
Knocky - championship at best!
Bissouma - 5 must wonder what Hughton has against him!

Hughton - 1 tactically inept! I’m afraid the time has now come to say thanks but no thanks!

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Ryan -5 suffered in comparison to Heaton who prevented four goals whilst Matt gave away one.
Bong- 5.5 worked hard with good intentions
Dunk - 5.5 very expensive mistake
Duffy - 6 gives everything and is a goal threat
Montoya - 5 Bang average
Stephens - 5 the number of times he slowed the game down was so frustrating, not have by a good season and for me Kayal offers more controlled aggression and forward impetus.
Propper - 6 not up to his recent top performances and got bullied in midfield.
March - 6.5 made things happen but needs to be 1 second quicker in everything he does.
Locadia - 6.5 there is a really good player in there and some of his passes weee. Excellent in the first half.
Gross - 7 thought he played well and got over some great crosses and it would have been a beautiful goal if Heaton hadn’t made a great save.
Murray - 6 easily marshalled by an excellent Burnley defense.
Knoekart - 6 tried to make things happen with little success.
Bissouma - 6 made no meaningful impact when he came on and one very slack moment
Ali J - 5.5 not slating him as he did nothing wrong but I haven’t seen anything from him yet to get really excited about.

Referee and team -2 absolutely abject and an embarrassment to the profession of refereeing.

Hughton - 4 Feels like we have been found out as we set up the same every single week. We want to play the ball out from defense all the time and aggressive teams can harry us into mistakes. Midfield overwhelmed (why not play 3 in midfield with Kayal on occasion). We played like the away team and constantly invited pressure on a fragile defense. He definitely lost the battle to Dyche who is a really vile character and every time the camera goes to him, I feel like smashing the TV. Overall a typical game against an ugly effective team who always get the best of us. OK there were positives from the game, we made Heaton earn his corn with an outstanding display, Gross played better than his recent performances and I thought Locadia shows glimpse of the outstanding player he could be.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Feck me we lost 3-1 at home to a team below us in the league u give 4 players 7
And 7 players average score of 6 [emoji23]
How did we ever lose . Incredible March went off about 2 mins in 2nd half .i find it hard to believe u were at the game at all locadia biggest waste of money we ever spent .

2 weeks on the trot the opposition goalkeeper was MotM would suggest scores of 3 are equally ridiculous.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Ryan 5

Montoya 3
Dunk 2
Duffy 4
Bong 3

March 4
Stephens 3
Propper 7
Gross 5
Locadia 3

Murray 5

Knockaert 4
Ali J 4
Bissouma 5

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
2 weeks on the trot the opposition goalkeeper was MotM would suggest scores of 3 are equally ridiculous.

Why?

It just means during the course of 90 mins, we created some presentable opportunities, which he saved.

Does it mean our hapless right back contributed at all?

Does it mean Dunk played anywhere near average?

Players are scored individually not on the basis of how many chances we create. Watford was a poor performance and in some ways a prelude to yesterday, which IMO was a lot worse...

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Fair enough. Maybe not rose tinted glasses but I’m incredibly angry with the ref and the tricks Burnley got away with (such as diving in their own penalty area when we had the ball ans looked dangerous).

Ref obviously made a seismic error on the handball but Burnley playing tricks should have been no surprise, and is no excuse

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Absolute bullshit from you again

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Ryan - 5 - still feel it was hard on Button in not retaining the shirt upon Ryan's return
Montoya - 5 - under a lot of pressure which kept March and then Knockart pinned back helping out
Bong - 6- like the other wing under pressure but with zero support from Locardia plus some of the balls to him were simply unplayable
Duffy - 7- a tower of strength my MOM
Dunk - 6.5- apart from the slip
March - 6- pinned back unable to get forward
Stephens - 5- over run which resulted in some hurried poor passing most notable were the exsosets to Bong
Propper - 6.5- our best midfielder until Bossuma came on
Locadia - 4- left Bong high and dry offered nothing of note going forward
Gross - 5- overrun poor game
Murray - 5- what could he do with no support

AJ - 5- difficulty in picking up the pace of the game but gave more than Locardia
Bissouma - 6.5- I thought he made an impact but lack of options in front of him
Knockaert - 6- as per comments for March

We had enough chances first half to have gone in at half time three up Burnley defended well and Heatin pulled off some fine keeping but for a slip by Dunk it would have been all square by the break

Second half we had a hill to climb, no one likes cheating we should have had a penalty and had we taken one or more of those first half chances the game would have been out of sight but we didn't, a physical hard working Burnley got what the deserved

Another bad day at the office two changes are for me required for our next league game,

Bossuma to start in place of Gross
AJ in place of Locardia

we are still clear of the drop both Huddersfield and Fulham looked doomed so that leaves one spot to fight to avoid
I say lets get behind the team upwards and onwards.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I've seen many worse Albion performances. If it hadn't been for a world class goalkeeping performance by Heaton (surely will be back in the England squad) and shocking refereeing we would have got something from the game. We were however frustratingly slow in both thought and action for long periods of the game with far too much farting around at the back when we should have been driving forward. And too many overly ambitious cross-field balls that failed to find their man.

Ryan 4. Agree with those that have said Button should have kept his place after Ryan returned from the mickey-mouse tournament. He has not been at his best and should have done better with the second goal.
Montoya 5. Not a great performance, but not bad. Based on recent performances I'm not sure that he's our long term solution for the RB berth.
Dunk 5. That slip was costly. So was trying to play Barnes offside before the penalty. Has had many better games.
Duffy 6. A good game overall and a well taken goal.
Bong 6. Decent enough game, but needs to work on his crossing.
Stephens 4. Not impressed. Passed the ball backwards far too often when forward options were available. Slowed the game down when we needed to build some momentum.
Propper 6. Played OK, but difficult to shine when the team is playing poorly.
Gross 5. A couple of good shots which on another day could have been two goals. However it's obvious that his new role does not suit his style of play as much as the number ten role.
March 6. Some very good stuff from him in the first half, but also some frustration as when he fiddled around on the touchline when he should have crossed and the resulting corner was instead awarded as a goal kick by the inept lino. Just get the ball into the middle Solly.
Locadia 5. He hardly saw the ball for much of the first half. Not one of his best performances, but some very nice touches.
Murray 6. Poor service, but below par.

Subs:
Knockaert 6. As usual, some good, some poor. Did little to make a case for a starting spot.
Ali J 5. OK. I would like to see him start as I think there's a really good player in there.
Bissouma 6. Again, I think he should start. Needs a run in the team

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here