Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] When you've got away with a MASSIVE handball...

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
The phrase "insult to injury" springs to mind!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
The good news is that we get to use VAR in the next game.

I’m not a fan of VAR, but every now and then I’ll admit that it could have its uses.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
My piss has not stopped boiling yet.
I am soooo angry about everything to do with that match today, I honestly cannot remember any other game where so much went wrong, even the monsoon weather was awful.
Posters on here are forgetting that we could have drawn or won that game with a very poor performance.
Burnley can just disappear up their own arses as far as im Concerned, just everything about them today stank.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I hate that club with every fibre of my being. Zero redeeming features.

Players - *****
Manager - ****
Fans - *****

From Dyche

On Hendrick's 'handball': "We've just had three away games where big decisions have gone against us. If we got a decision going for us today, I know it evens itself out over the season, so I don't make a big deal out of it."

How ****ing surprising that the bloke who very publically whinged since August about a lack of penalties being given to them gets a bunch of decisions his way and now gets all magmanimous about referee decisions. Utter ****

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
From Dyche

On Hendrick's 'handball': "We've just had three away games where big decisions have gone against us. If we got a decision going for us today, I know it evens itself out over the season, so I don't make a big deal out of it."

How ****ing surprising that the bloke who very publically whinged since August about a lack of penalties being given to them gets a bunch of decisions his way and now gets all magmanimous about referee decisions. Utter ****

He seemed to be making a big deal of a few decisions that he thought went against them today

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Dyche and his back room team (about 3 of them) were intimidating the Lino and 4th official from the start and in the end got into their heads. Isn’t there are rule on the number of people in the technical areas? Certainly not 5!

Also the position of our dug out and CH’s non confrontational approach doesn’t seem to give us much of an advantage.

Dyche, like Howe, Hodgson, Benitez, and possibly Warnock are tough, wily and hardened characters and know how to survive in this division. CH does and says all the right thing but is still learning the nastier side of things, such as killing a game when ahead

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
That's them to follow Sol Bamba and his comments after the Cardiff game which have just added insult to injury, the *****

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
From Dyche

Sean Dyche is a f***ing bellend. As frustrated as I am at the moment by CHs tactics and game management, I will never stop loving his honesty and integrity. He is a true gentleman. Sean Dyche is the absolute opposite of CH

boik

My piss has not stopped boiling yet.
I am soooo angry about everything to do with that match today, I honestly cannot remember any other game where so much went wrong, even the monsoon weather was awful.
Posters on here are forgetting that we could have drawn or won that game with a very poor performance.
Burnley can just disappear up their own arses as far as im Concerned, just everything about them today stank.

Don't remember the first leg against Wednesday then?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Is there still a panel looking at retrospective action over simulation? Or did they disband when they were embarrassed into irrelevance by only banning a playing who was clearly pushed to the ground and letting the obvious dive from Zaha v Man city go unpunished?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Is there still a panel looking at retrospective action over simulation? Or did they disband when they were embarrassed into irrelevance by only banning a playing who was clearly pushed to the ground and letting the obvious dive from Zaha v Man city go unpunished?

Everybody .you are all correct in what you say. However we need to move on. I'm raging by some of the refereeing decisions but we can't dwell on them. One of the best attributes of CH is his ability to stop players feeling sorry for injustices. He will pick the lads up and look to the task ahead. It's easy to start looking at everything below catching up. I guarantee that Chris will be saying. Go out and win ten or twelve points between now and the end of the season then today's injustices won't matter one jot. We will grind out the points we need to be in the PL next year

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I hate that club with every fibre of my being. Zero redeeming features.

Players - *****
Manager - ****
Fans - *****

Hate them as much as you like, but they play to their strengths and what they do wins them enough games to at least guarantee Premier League survival year upon year.

Yes they are ultra defensive, yes their players get in your face, yes they are predicatable, yes they are as boring to watch as hell, but they are one very together well drilled unit, who will finish half way up the table at the end of the season in my opinion..

As awful as we were yesterday, we have lost to far worse teams than Burnley this seson.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
We always give lifelines to teams lower in the league than us, I don’t know why, but we always seem to.
Let’s just pray that no other teams left to play have ex Albion players in them.
We seem to be going through a transition period, from ultra defensive to having a go, so many shots on goal.
Once we start hitting the target, we will be away.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Very frustrating. I was absolutely livid at the time but as [MENTION=30752]NooBHA[/MENTION] says there's not a thing we can do to bring those penalties (and probably goals) back the right way, except use it as motivation to do better in our remaining games. Whilst it would be nice to see Attwell sent to spend the rest of his career referreeing in the Siberian Outddoor Winter League whilse wearing a mankini even that won't bring the points back.

****s.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here