Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] When you've got away with a MASSIVE handball...

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
SInce the ref didn't see it and presumably not in his match report, will there be a 3 match ban coming ? :)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The trouble is that we *put the Fulham result right* against West Brom in the cup, and then promptly thought the job done, lost focus, and lost in the league again.

My fear is that we *put the Burnley result right* against Derby in the cup, and then the players think job done, lose focus and lose in the league again.

We need to put league disappointments right in the league, not in the cup.

Last edited:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
The good news is that we get to use VAR in the next game.

I’m not a fan of VAR, but every now and then I’ll admit that it could have its uses.

VAR
The game would not have been stopped to look at the incident so they play on until the ball goes dead, correct?
The ball went dead when a penalty was given at the other end. So Barnes is stood on the spot waiting to go 3:0 up whilst Murray is taking the ball back to the other end knowing VAR will give him a penalty.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The trouble is that we *put the Fulham result right* against West Brom in the cup, and then promptly thought the job done, lost focus, and lost in the league again.

My fear is that we *put the Burnley result right* against Derby in the cup, and then the players think job done, lose focus and lose in the league again.

We need to put league disappointments right in the league, not in the cup.

But then those players didnt play in the cup match....will they be playing next week?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Dyche and his back room team (about 3 of them) were intimidating the Lino and 4th official from the start and in the end got into their heads. Isn’t there are rule on the number of people in the technical areas? Certainly not 5!

Also the position of our dug out and CH’s non confrontational approach doesn’t seem to give us much of an advantage.

Dyche, like Howe, Hodgson, Benitez, and possibly Warnock are tough, wily and hardened characters and know how to survive in this division. CH does and says all the right thing but is still learning the nastier side of things, such as killing a game when ahead

Lol I noticed that...they were almost clones of Dyche and his windmill antics

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Dyche and his back room team (about 3 of them) were intimidating the Lino and 4th official from the start and in the end got into their heads. Isn’t there are rule on the number of people in the technical areas? Certainly not 5!

Also the position of our dug out and CH’s non confrontational approach doesn’t seem to give us much of an advantage.

Our dug out changes with each manager. One manager at Brighton moved it to the south so that he could be in the ear of the lino all game. CH must prefer the north side.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The good news is that we get to use VAR in the next game.

I’m not a fan of VAR, but every now and then I’ll admit that it could have its uses.

VAR would have been fun yesterday, ref decides not to award a blantant penalty to Brighton, play goes up the other end and penalty awarded to Burnley. Burnley fans and players celebrating penalty, but hang on ref makes VAR signal and calls play back for Brighton penalty.

All this would have had the huge bonus of Dyche going absolutely bonkers in his technical area

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
But if we had VAR, would the first penalty claim have been given, or Tarkowski sent off - in which case, events wouldn't have unfolded as they did and we probably wouldn't have had the incidents!

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
[tweet]1094323867160592384[/tweet]

If Andone gets a ban as the ref didn't see it or do anything about it, why can't he get a yellow for deliberate handball?
Grapes are very sour today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here