Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Time to bring Bruno back for the rest of the season

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Said something similar on way home. Whilst it is arguable whether he is a better bet for right back he definitely brings the best out of Knockaert and the team just seems better for him playing.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I agree with the OP.

3 or 4 changes are needed from the the usual starting 11, including both full backs. Not slating Montoya or Bong, I just think that Bruno and Bernardo a re slightly ahead of them.

When I see someone skin Bruno or that he's hiding in a game, he can;t get up and down, or that he's not relishing a physical confrontation, then i'll agree with those that say he's past it. I've never seen any of those things, so to me, he's our first choice right back.

How can someone skin Bruno? He's never in a position to be skinned. He leaves defending out wide to his winger. He normally position next to Duffy.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
This is in jest right? Don't get me wrong I love Bruno but you're deluded if you think he should be starting now.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Bong’s second half performance today was embarrassing

Truly awful. He literally did nothing right.

Bong was the only player in that team showing for the ball.
I've only just got home and can't go to bed yet after that performance. Ridiculously over hit balls on a wet pitch were being sent Bong's way because everyone else was hiding. Bong may not be our most skilful player (nice Cruyff turn though) but at least he has the heart for a relegation battle.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
We certainly lack leaders there is currently not one player on the pitch who knows how to get the team to pull their socks up and fight for the cause.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I've only just got home and can't go to bed yet after that performance. Ridiculously over hit balls on a wet pitch were being sent Bong's way because everyone else was hiding. Bong may not be our most skilful player (nice Cruyff turn though) but at least he has the heart for a relegation battle.

Not a lot of point ‘showing for it’ if when it comes, you trip over it, and let it roll out for a throw in.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Not a lot of point ‘showing for it’ if when it comes, you trip over it, and let it roll out for a throw in.

Every point when you are trying to get back in the game. In fact I'm glad he bothered because otherwise we would never have crossed the half way line. The lack of movement into space from the rest of the team was criminal.
Look, I would rather have Barnardo. I'm not trying to defend Bong but it just seems odd to single him out when at least he wanted the ball. Today was inept in every department. Ponderous build up play, inability to pass to our own players and very little movement. Bong tried though. I'm glad.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
What utter garbage from the OP. None of the goals were down to Montoya and Bruno is not fautless. Poor finishing and an incompetent ref done for us today, that plus the allowing Wood and Barnes to bully our defenders. Terrible game for Dunk.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Yet again, utter garbage. There were a couple of balls slung his way that went off the wet pitch but that's it. He started well and it was a great cross for March who should have done better with his header. After that he was found wanting and the best example of this was when a square ball found Burnley breaking forward and instead of closing the gap, Bong ran to the box. Last ditch tackle left him injured but he should have closed the player down outside of the box. Indecision created the problem but over the game he was not alone there!!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Yet again, utter garbage. There were a couple of balls slung his way that went off the wet pitch but that's it. He started well and it was a great cross for March who should have done better with his header. After that he was found wanting and the best example of this was when a square ball found Burnley breaking forward and instead of closing the gap, Bong ran to the box. Last ditch tackle left him injured but he should have closed the player down outside of the box. Indecision created the problem but over the game he was not alone there!!

Nope, Bong made himself available when others didn't.
Not utter garbage. Just my opinion. Try growing up when having a debate.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
A leader and a legend. Better at defending than Montoya and better going forward. Will also play his heart out.

We brought him back for the run in last season and instantly improved. We need him back again; this one is a no brainer.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Agree, all three goals might have been prevented. I have been saying this from the first Watford game.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Disagree. He reacted far too slowly to their second goal. I'm beginning to think he's right-sided Markus Suttner.

Show Montoya the video of the last minute of the EPL match at Old Trafford last season and watch how Ashley Young got back to prevent the Albion equaliser.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

This.

Bong played well yesterday but his crossing yet again lets him down. To say he was embarrassing is utter garbage.

Stephens and Gross need to be binned or dropped way down the pecking order if we stay up. Both to slow for this league.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
What utter garbage from the OP. None of the goals were down to Montoya and Bruno is not fautless. Poor finishing and an incompetent ref done for us today, that plus the allowing Wood and Barnes to bully our defenders. Terrible game for Dunk.
Where did I blame yesterdays defeat on Montoya ?

Please stop talking garbage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here