Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Time to bring Bruno back for the rest of the season

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
A leader and a legend. Better at defending than Montoya and better going forward. Will also play his heart out.

We brought him back for the run in last season and instantly improved. We need him back again; this one is a no brainer.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
No way he’s past it

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
The change we really need to make is Bernardo for Bong (when he’s 100% fit).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why ? I think that Montoya is an improvement on Bruno now and deserves to play on current form. our problem is going from defence to attack where we are so slow and unimaginative in ideas.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
A leader and a legend. Better at defending than Montoya and better going forward. Will also play his heart out.

We brought him back for the run in last season and instantly improved. We need him back again; this one is a no brainer.

Couldn’t agree more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Looks like the club has future plans for him after his playing days. Which he alluded to on BT in a thinly veiled way..

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I disagree but it is only my opinion and everybody has to have a scapegoat and he seems to fit the bill for many.

I don’t need one, and fwiw I thought he was okay first half. Second half he put in 5 crosses, and every last one was terrible, and twice miscontrolled simple balls out of play. He had one highlight of a nice Cruyff turn - then promptly hit another crap cross straight out for a goal kick.

He takes way more stick on here generally than he deserves. But today he was awful.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I agree with the OP.

3 or 4 changes are needed from the the usual starting 11, including both full backs. Not slating Montoya or Bong, I just think that Bruno and Bernardo a re slightly ahead of them.

When I see someone skin Bruno or that he's hiding in a game, he can;t get up and down, or that he's not relishing a physical confrontation, then i'll agree with those that say he's past it. I've never seen any of those things, so to me, he's our first choice right back.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Bruno hasn’t done much wrong when he’s played, and it feels like we’ve won more games this season with him at right back than Montoya. His experience is invaluable - like having the nous to take that quick corner at Hudds - and he certainly brings the best out of Knocky.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I agree with the OP.

3 or 4 changes are needed from the the usual starting 11, including both full backs. Not slating Montoya or Bong, I just think that Bruno and Bernardo a re slightly ahead of them.

When I see someone skin Bruno or that he's hiding in a game, he can;t get up and down, or that he's not relishing a physical confrontation, then i'll agree with those that say he's past it. I've never seen any of those things, so to me, he's our first choice right back.

If you havent seen that there is no point discussing it with you

He physically cannot do it now for 90 mins

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
And I was so looking forward to a discussion with you

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Agreed ! Montoya hardly made an overlap all game.

Bruno and Knocky back on the right and get that partnership working again

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003

Bang on - we lack leadership on the pitch and Bruno playing for 60 mins is better than zero time. And get shot of Locadia, who doesn't read the game and only delivers when the ball is at his feet - doesn't run to the ball at all.

UTA - we'll be ok.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Montoya is sound.. no concerns for me but then I wouldn’t have any concerns to see Bruno starting either, if Knocky was getting a start then I’d possibly maybe just favour Bruno for the way that they link up but happy with either.

I can only assume that Bernardo didn’t start today because he had 120 minutes on Wednesday??. I fully expect him to now start every week if fit.. no questions or doubt in my mind.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I don’t need one, and fwiw I thought he was okay first half. Second half he put in 5 crosses, and every last one was terrible, and twice miscontrolled simple balls out of play. He had one highlight of a nice Cruyff turn - then promptly hit another crap cross straight out for a goal kick.

He takes way more stick on here generally than he deserves. But today he was awful.

Spot on

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Montoya is sound.. no concerns for me but then I wouldn’t have any concerns to see Bruno starting either, if Knocky was getting a start then I’d possibly maybe just favour Bruno for the way that they link up but happy with either.

I can only assume that Bernardo didn’t start today because he had 120 minutes on Wednesday??. I fully expect him to now start every week if fit.. no questions or doubt in my mind.

Disagree. He reacted far too slowly to their second goal. I'm beginning to think he's right-sided Markus Suttner.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here