Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] This 4-3-3 experiment needs to end ...

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
We need to go back to being defensive and playing gross directly behind Murray. It may be boring it may annoy the fans but at the end of the day it works. Our premier league continued status is based on our defence. Maybe we can experiment a bit more next season with a few points on the board.

We are not playing too badly at the moment but the defence is woefully exposed.

Back to basics time.

Thoughts ?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
If I thought I was depressed sitting on the P&R bus soaking wet , now I'm agreeing with dwayne :down:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Yes please. 4-3-3 works well if you actually stick the ball in the back of the net. I feel as though we are too lightweight in midfield, especially with Gross deeper than he was last season.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Yeah back to basics is needed. Points not performances tbh. Win ugly. Seems to have worked for Burnley and we need to do the same. None of the teams left that are coming to the AMEX are going to lie down and give us 3 points and we will be lucky to get another 3 points in the road this year

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Hughton claims it’s 4-3-3 but it’s usually 4-5-1 as Murray ends up completely being isolated most of the time.
It can be both during the game. But it ain't working. Defence wasn't broke it is now. Get back to the formation that gave us wins. Hope hughton is not too stubborn to do that.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
. None of the teams left that are coming to the AMEX are going to lie down and give us 3 points and we will be lucky to get another 3 points in the road this year

This is my worry. We were all looking at the lower league teams left at home as couraging but we've shown we have no bottle for relegation six pointers. Huge concern.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
This is my worry. We were all looking at the lower league teams left at home as couraging but we've shown we have no bottle for relegation six pointers. Huge concern.
Burnley always do us one way or the other. I feared for today's game.

Huddersfield is MUST WIN now though.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I was going to start this very same thread. It looked good for a while but it’s not working any more. I wonder whether it’s because all the big teams play 4-3-3 so our opposition are familiar with the system and well drilled against it. We’re creating nothing from open play. Having a left side of Bong and Locadia doesn’t help.

Ps it would be nice if Hughton changed it mid game every once in a while. Is that too much to ask?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
The best way to work out the whether the system is part of the problem is to look at the average points per game with 4-4-1-1 compared to 4-3-3.

I don't remember exactly when we made the switch, so can't work it out, but i'm going to guess it's something like

4-4-1-1 average points per game = 1.4
4-4-3 average points per game = 0.5

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
4-4-2 got us into this league, we should give it another go.

Ryan
Montoya - Duffy - Dunk - Bernardo
Knockaert - Bissouma - Propper - March
Murray - Locadia

Has to be worth a go.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
The other crazy thing about the 4-3-3 formation is that we seemed to change to it to allow locadia to play more.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Yeah, 4-3-3 needs to go. Specifically Locadia.

Start with AK and March.

Gross needs to find some form.

Need Izquierdo back too...

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Our full backs aren't good enough to be so exposed, especially on our left hand side. We've one won game since we started playing 4-3-3 and blown our good start to the season we got playing 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1. Get Gross back into #10, play two proper wingers (March and Knockers on current form) and start giving service back to Murray.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
4-4-2 got us into this league, we should give it another go.

Ryan
Montoya - Duffy - Dunk - Bernardo
Knockaert - Bissouma - Propper - March
Murray - Locadia

Has to be worth a go.

To be honest, I am not convinced locadia is the answer. I can't remember the last time we looked totally inpety in front of goal apart from the first 20 minutes.

That was shocking.

Anyone who doesn't think we are in a dog fight, needs to look at the table!

Town is really a must win and we really do not want to lose to Southampton and Cardiff...we are running out of winnable games!

Wolves, Leicester, palace, arsenal, Tottenham, citeh are games I don't think we will get anything from. That doesn't leave much

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here