Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] This 4-3-3 experiment needs to end ...

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The only thing about going back to 4-4-1-1 is that from my understanding, this 'V' formation has been used across both the first team squad and the U23s for some time. (I also wonder if recruiting wide strikers like Locadia and Ali J as oppose to out and out wingers was with this in mind).

It may be a more significant change to our direction than one week's training ???

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The midfield is all wrong. Gross is too lightweight to play a deeper role. Stephens gives the ball away too much and is a walking red card. Propper would be immense if he had a more mobile tackler next to him.

Locadia is a luxury player. I think he could do a job in the number 10 role but where he is leaves the full back completely exposed. Bong just isn't good enough going forward, he can't cross for toffee on his left and his right is just for standing on so it's easy for defenders at this level.

If we stay up there are many problems to fix in the summer. CM, striker, left back all desperately need upgrades on what we have.

Now Bernardo is fit there isn't an excuse left in the world to play Bong. Bernardo is a better player by several tens of percents. I know [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] has this thing about people booing Bong but I once replied to him that the reason is that he does the hard things well and the easy things badly. I said the same thing on the way over yesterday to my mate on the train when we saw the team. Then, lo and behold, right in front of us he pulls out an absolutely exquisite piece of skill to make room for a cross which he then overhit by several miles.

Personally I'd have Knocky instead of Locadia for now, giving us one inverted winger and one outside one, with March as the other, and I'd swap them at regular intervals. That is until Izquierdo is fit when I'd play the team I posted ealier on in the thread. But, hey, I'm not Hughton, thank goodness.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Now Bernardo is fit there isn't an excuse left in the world to play Bong. Bernardo is a better player by several tens of percents. I know [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] has this thing about people booing Bong but I once replied to him that the reason is that he does the hard things well and the easy things badly. I said the same thing on the way over yesterday to my mate on the train when we saw the team. Then, lo and behold, right in front of us he pulls out an absolutely exquisite piece of skill to make room for a cross which he then overhit by several miles.

Personally I'd have Knocky instead of Locadia for now, giving us one inverted winger and one outside one, with March as the other, and I'd swap them at regular intervals. That is until Izquierdo is fit when I'd play the team I posted ealier on in the thread. But, hey, I'm not Hughton, thank goodness.

I genuinely thought of you when he did that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here