Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We played well.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
but I wonder why we spent all that money on Ali J when we really needed another central striker and someone in midfield with some leadership qualities.. .

He's looked very average so far. He seems to lack the pace we were screaming out for in the transfer window. Starting to look like a very strange signing considering the players we already had in his position.

another midfielder and another striker was what we needed.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Yes, some unbelievable bad luck. Dunk's slip and one definite penalty not given, and one other strong claim. And we forced some good saves from their keeper - although March's shot from Locadia's pass was too close to him. He should have buried it.

On the other hand, our defending for their second goal was dreadful. What was Montoya doing? In fact, what was Montoya doing for most of the game? Ryan could have done better too.

There were several spells when we simply didn't match Burnley's physicality. I laughed when I heard Klopp describe us as a physical side before we played them because one or two of our players couldn't knock the skin off a rice pudding. We were slow, lethargic, undynamic, predictable. Knockaert improved things a little, but I wonder why we spent all that money on Ali J when we really needed another central striker and someone in midfield with some leadership qualities.. .

Spot on.

I know it’s quite a humorous thread but as I said on the ‘You need 7’ thread the other day, we really haven’t got 7 and that is a major problem for us at the moment.

Duffy is a given but who else? We are a really soft side.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
We moved the ball around far too slowly. We looked clueless for ideas in the final third. Far too many balls pumped upfield for the Burnley defenders to clean up with ease.

There's definitely something wrong with our tactics at the moment. I feel as if we need to encourage one of our midfielders to play a more attack minded role. Maybe it's time for Bissouma to make that difference.

On a positive. March looked top notch..

This except for the last line. He is just not good enough in front of goal. He panics or brain freezes or something and just blasts it or mis hits it. Just not good enough imo.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Unlucky lads. Some unbelievable bad luck (penalty not given, Dunks slip, poor refereeing) but otherwise a decent performance that the scoreline doesn't reflect.

I can definitely take some positives out of today. :drink:

TBH I think we've played well in our last three and we've been unlucky not to have taken more points from them. But what's done is done. We've got a nice run coming up now, lets put this blip behind us and crack on.

Up the Albion.

We weren’t terrible but neither were we good. Far too many long, aimless balls. No creativity, no guile, no cutting edge again.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Unlucky lads. Some unbelievable bad luck (penalty not given, Dunks slip, poor refereeing) but otherwise a decent performance that the scoreline doesn't reflect.

I can definitely take some positives out of today. :drink:

TBH I think we've played well in our last three and we've been unlucky not to have taken more points from them. But what's done is done. We've got a nice run coming up now, lets put this blip behind us and crack on.

Up the Albion.

I must have been at a different game. I was at the home shambles v Burnley. Which game did you go to? Sounded like a good game, wish I could have been at that one instead.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
We weren’t terrible but neither were we good. Far too many long, aimless balls. No creativity, no guile, no cutting edge again.

Reminded me of the Withdean days when imagination and creativity were something you just knew not to expect. The tactics were long balls down the pitch hoping for either an opposition defender to whack it out for a throw or Bas Savage to do something with his height.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Joke of a thread. Burnley has a game plan and executed it perfectly. We were abject. Too slow and lacking creativity. It could be a tough three months

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Reminded me of the Withdean days when imagination and creativity were something you just knew not to expect. The tactics were long balls down the pitch hoping for either an opposition defender to whack it out for a throw or Bas Savage to do something with his height.

About a dozen long balls to Locadia, who Tarkowski destroyed every time.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
4-3-3 meant our midfield was out muscled and over ran. Defenders resorted to hoof ball to bypass midfield. How many times Duffy or Dunk had the ball and no-one around to pass it too. Dreadful.
Slightly improved by tbe double substitution but not much.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It is the 'doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome' that's doing my head in.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I'm out of here. I can't deal with all this negativity after we played well. To each and everyone of you that sent a PM about me being in hospital. Thank you ever so much. I'm sorry if I've missed anybody out. I'm absolutely shattered and my hands have cramp! But it's been absolutely worth it.

I'll be back on NSC when I have some news. I am feeling much, much better. Thank you to all you heroes - I could cry again but I'm just going to let my whole body rest.

I love all you posters and those that gave the thumbs up. :thumbsup:

Take care.

Andrew.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Some people on here at so club blinkered it’s unreal woefully poor clueless Chris no idea how to change it poor starting again 11

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
Joke of a thread. Burnley has a game plan and executed it perfectly. We were abject. Too slow and lacking creativity. It could be a tough three months

No, it will be a tough three months. After this shambolic display where on earth do we go? Murray is great if he gets or someone gives him the ball: but as nothing like this happened he never looked like doing much. Yeah, their goalkeeper was great - but aren't they all at this level. I though that we lacked creativity on goal and too often March was left isolated with few alternatives. And why is it that when we clear a ball from (say) the penalty box we give it away but when opposing teams do so they hold possession? In. any case, with Wood and Barnes on the pitch they were clearly going to make a statement, which they did

No point in being negative though. I thought the midfield poarticulrealy poor, yet we have alternatives who don't seem to get a game.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here