Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We played well.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Add in another penalty and Heatons saves - he didn't have so much to do in the second half but he certainly kept them in it in the first.

The luck wasn't with us at all - if we'd had a defender who headed the ball against one of our own in the penalty area it would've gone in the way the match was going today, but for Burnley - straight to Heaton :(

You could add two off the line

Unlucky lads. Some unbelievable bad luck (penalty not given, Dunks slip, poor refereeing) but otherwise a decent performance that the scoreline doesn't reflect.

I can definitely take some positives out of today. :drink:

TBH I think we've played well in our last three and we've been unlucky not to have taken more points from them. But what's done is done. We've got a nice run coming up now, lets put this blip behind us and crack on.

Up the Albion.

It was the worst we have played in the Amex Prem era. Burnley were one dimensional. We had no dimensions

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Whoever watched i on TV, was that a pen before they rushed up the other end.

We couldn't see if he controlled with his arms or did it hit his chest?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Certainly more worried after today than i have been in last 18 months. We were the better footballing team but we really did not seem to have the desire to fight. We outplayed them in first half but we didn't score. Second half had Fulham written all over it we could not defend. Yes the ref got 2 major decisions wrong but have to say so did CH.... What epitomised it for me was March driving down the right and then just stopped to muck about and we ended yup with not even a corner. The ball should have been blasted in ...

There were NO positives from today. Hopefully we will turn it around.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
We're we unlucky or did we just not play well?

Both

On the one hand, our performance brutally exposed some weaknesses we've hidden for a while. For example, we've known Ryan is out of form, Stephens slows us down too much, Bong doesn't offer an attacking threat, Locadia isn't going to make it with us, Ali J has shown nothing in English football, Gross is our best player, but out of position, Hughton is too reserved to truly change the course of a game which isn't going well ....

but on the other hand ....

..... Jeez, if you replayed that game 100 times, you wouldn't have had another 1 other out of the 100 where we lost by 2 goals. 70 we'd have won and 25 drawn. Anyone suggesting that Burnley executed a perfect game plan are talking rubbish. They were useless, far worse than us, and must not be able to believe their luck as to how they won that.

If we'd have been on it though, no amount of poor refereeing or luck in front of goal would have saved them ..... so only ourselves to blame.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
We’re in free fall and I can’t see where our next win is coming from.
Burnley scored what what were effectively 3 ‘break away’ goals and kept 11 men behind the ball and we struggled to break them down. It speaks volumes when Duffy is our second top goal scorer ! Huddersfield and Cardiff will both come here and play the same tactics and i’m not convinced we have the creativity to break these sides down. Time to worry.

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
Now that I live in the wilds of Northumberland my only chance to see "live" footie is Sky or two trips to town and watch them at St James Park. I rely on Twitter and NSC for information on our progress. I have to admit after our performance against WBA in the cup i was relatively confident about tonights match. Oh how wrong can a person be, was it really as bad as what I've been reading? I now worry that Huddersfield and Cardiff will see this disaster as hope for them to do likewise. I just hope upon hope that the team can turn it around because the fought like tigers to get into the Premiership and as it stands they could leave like kittens.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
There is no Plan B. We went 1-0 down, Burnley knew how to nullify us and it was game over. We did the same thing over and over again and it was easy for them. We gifted them their goals.

To make things worse they wanted it so much more. Really worrying.

matumaini

Feb 25, 2018
My biggest frustration today with our attacking was that nearly all the crosses came from Bong and they were ALL shit as far I remember.
Wrong - not all poor. You forgot March, Montoya, to name a few. Put your frustrations on other players who were poor like in the midfield!

Sent from my HUAWEI G7-L01 using Tapatalk

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Unlucky lads. Some unbelievable bad luck (penalty not given, Dunks slip, poor refereeing) but otherwise a decent performance that the scoreline doesn't reflect.

TBH I think we've played well in our last three and we've been unlucky not to have taken more points from them. But what's done is done. We've got a nice run coming up now, lets put this blip behind us and crack on.

Up the Albion.

Time to go back to dry January for you. Seriously we were absolute turd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wrong - not all poor. You forgot March, Montoya, to name a few. Put your frustrations on other players who were poor like in the midfield!

Sent from my HUAWEI G7-L01 using Tapatalk

Fair enough but Bong put in far more crosses than anybody else as far as I recall. Not going to criticise March as he was one of our more threatening players imo.

I am not a Bong hater btw.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We were ok for the first 10 minutes (apart from our attack who seemed to want to give the keeper practice) rest of the match we were mediocre at best.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Whoever watched i on TV, was that a pen before they rushed up the other end.

We couldn't see if he controlled with his arms or did it hit his chest?

100% penalty as said by the commentary team and studio pundits and as Peter Walton, ex Prem Ref said he will be called in and spoken to on Monday and given refresher training.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
100% penalty as said by the commentary team and studio pundits and as Peter Walton, ex Prem Ref said he will be called in and spoken to on Monday and given refresher training.

Ah right...ok thanks mate

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham

Up the Albion.

Mate we are in the so called nice run, I love the optimism :wink:

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Let's be honest Burnley are a poor team and they beat us at home, we were pants as were the officials.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here