Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We played well.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Burnley keeper got man of the match, that should tell all the doom mongers something. We had rotten luck/decisions and were mugged by two breakaways, one which came about because of a slip by Dunk. We were NOT shit today imo. All this without the two penalties missed by the ref and his assistants. Let’s blame CH and the players though, much simpler to go for a knee jerk.

True

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
We did play well and were the better team. There really should be retrospective action taken against players feigning head injuries. With VAR we would have won today.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Day dreaming into the Chamionship. Team just hasn’t clicked apart from Man U and Palace.

We are reliying on a 36 year old striker to keep us up as the rest, aparat from Duffy, can’t hit a barn door. Hughton needs to stop ******* on about the other sides being a ‘good well organised team’ and tell our players to get out there and show we are better than shithouse teams like Burnley..too much respect.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
We are so one dimensional. Utter shyte today for a team playing at home in a huge game v relegation rivals. Anyone claiming we played remotely well overall needs their head checking. We created chances and shouldnt have lost 1-3 I agree, but our overall lack of creativity playing our from the back, and our lack of ability to change game plan is a huge issue. We've been found out and we have no plan B

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Put in perspective they were rubbish but at least they were up for a fight, we were absolutely rubbish. Yes Heaton had two great saves and maybe we should’ve had a penalty. But reality is were well in a relegation fight and haven’t even realised it. Everyone else has been fighting for every point all season and we’ve not had to that and now I’m really worried we could be in bottom 3 in a couple of weeks time. Even when penalty wasn’t given the team just stopped - it was schoolboy error time - instead of playing to the whistle. Still home games vs uddersfield, cardifff, Newcastle and Southampton - so it’s in our hands.

Anyway, my highlight of the day, got my bottle of pop with it’s cap left on!! Barber can have a witch hut on that one

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
We are so one dimensional. Utter shyte today for a team playing at home in a huge game v relegation rivals. Anyone claiming we played remotely well overall needs their head checking. We created chances and shouldnt have lost 1-3 I agree, but our overall lack of creativity playing our from the back, and our lack of ability to change game plan is a huge issue. We've been found out and we have no plan B

Vast exaggeration. Heaton had to produce four really excellent saves to keep us out. BT chose him as MoM.
We had some bad luck with Dunk slipping & ridiculous officials.

MOTD have just said its a fine line between winning & losing.
Burnley are cheats but took their chances, we were unlucky up against a keeper at the top of his form.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Was there one? I'd love to know what it was.
Pass across the back, pass across the back, pass across the back, pass across the back, pass across the back, hoof, lose possession

We were good at over hitting the ball to Bong, he had no chance of getting it.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Lost count of how many times we passed the ball straight out of play.

How many times did you see Burnley do it?

We were clueless today as a team and individually. Couldn't score anyone apart from Duffy and March more than average. As soon as March went off I knew we were finished.

We have had so many bad halves this season, in many more games than we haven't.

It's looking scarily like ManU under Mourinho, have the team stopped playing for CH?

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Lost count of how many times we passed the ball straight out of play.

How many times did you see Burnley do it?

We were clueless today as a team and individually. Couldn't score anyone apart from Duffy and March more than average. As soon as March went off I knew we were finished.

This. Which played into their hands of taking 45 seconds per throw in. Naive, unforgivable.

But Duffy was poor - look at all of the build up to Wood’s second goal.

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
The better team lost

Well, that's not even what the players thought. Post match interview on Radio Sussex, Duffy said "they wanted it more and probably deserved to win" so anyone thinking we were unlucky etc. and all is rosey in the Albion garden is either complacent or stupid. Even the players know we were poor.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Vast exaggeration. Heaton had to produce four really excellent saves to keep us out. BT chose him as MoM.
We had some bad luck with Dunk slipping & ridiculous officials.

MOTD have just said its a fine line between winning & losing.
Burnley are cheats but took their chances, we were unlucky up against a keeper at the top of his form.

Blah blah blah excuses excuses
Facts are certain players not good enough . Clueless Chris has hit his ceiling next week it will b another excuse and so on eventually u have to except what most others can see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here