Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We played well.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yep some people just can’t see the obvious . Hughton didn’t have Tati al change in him . Same old people defending the indefensible on here , stay at home supporters that don’t travel away either .
So for the record how many points do you think we need to stay up and what games do you see us getting them ?
Ten should do it, mostly at the Amex. End of.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
My biggest frustration today with our attacking was that nearly all the crosses came from Bong and they were ALL shit as far I remember.
Yeah, I have to agree that is a side of his game that could do with working on. More often than not headed away by 1st defender.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
We didn't play particularly well but there is no doubt we were unlucky again, the stats don't lie. We've got to start turning pressure into goals and make the Amex a fortress again.

View attachment 104513

They were an away team that went a goal in front. It’s not unusual in that situation for the away team to sit back and soak up pressure and hit you on the counter. You are right the stats don’t lie but you do need to understand what they are telling you.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
We moved the ball around far too slowly. We looked clueless for ideas in the final third. Far too many balls pumped upfield for the Burnley defenders to clean up with ease.

There's definitely something wrong with our tactics at the moment. I feel as if we need to encourage one of our midfielders to play a more attack minded role. Maybe it's time for Bissouma to make that difference.

On a positive. March looked top notch..

Bissouma should be given freedom to just simply run at defences, take on players as he feels and shoot on sight.
That'a far better than this pump the ball up or try to be too clever nonsense which is what we've been guilty of.

Dorset Seagull

Bissouma should be given freedom to just simply run at defences, take on players as he feels and shoot on sight.
That'a far better than this pump the ball up or try to be too clever nonsense which is what we've been guilty of.
Which is exactly why I thought CH had brought him on as we were never going to get behind them so needed someone to draw the defenders out to create space. However It seemed that he didn’t actually make many runs with the ball at his feet which is what he is good at

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Which is exactly why I thought CH had brought him on as we were never going to get behind them so needed someone to draw the defenders out to create space. However It seemed that he didn’t actually make many runs with the ball at his feet which is what he is good at

Exactly and that's a shame. A number of things happen when a capable player runs at defences. They panic, it creates space as you say and often
a shot will rebound off the goalie or defender.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Bissouma's major problem is that he loses the ball in dangerous areas too often but this will improve with experience. The answer about his inexperience is that Guendozi of Arsenal is only 19 years old so some have it some dont.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Cardiff, Southampton and town are now looking critical matches. Stating the bleeding obvious of course.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
They were an away team that went a goal in front. It’s not unusual in that situation for the away team to sit back and soak up pressure and hit you on the counter. You are right the stats don’t lie but you do need to understand what they are telling you.

Are you suggesting we didn't largely dominate them in the first 20-25 minutes, ie before they scored, creating 3 or 4 golden chances ourselves? Did I imagine that?

Dorset Seagull

Are you suggesting we didn't largely dominate them in the first 20-25 minutes, ie before they scored, creating 3 or 4 golden chances ourselves? Did I imagine that?

No I’m not, what I am saying is statistics have to be taken in context and not used on their own. For example if we had scored in the early period and then sat back for 75 mins the stats would maybe show they had 80% possession as they tried to get an equaliser. Someone then looking at the stats would say we were lucky to win when in reality we would have executed the perfect game plan.

I was merely commenting on the danger of relying solely in stats rather than making a judgement on yesterdays actual game.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here