Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Why’s it not quite working at the moment?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Technically very good players but why isn’t that ability transferring to results at the moment?

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
That’s football. On another day those shots don’t get saved by Heaton, Dunk doesn’t slip on a soggy pitch and that penalty claim is rightfully given.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
That’s football. On another day those shots don’t get saved by Heaton, Dunk doesn’t slip on a soggy pitch and that penalty claim is rightfully given.
We had nobody to control our midfield. Same method over and over. Down to the wing with a few passes between full back and wing. Poor cross easily defended. No plan b

Sent from my SM-J330F using Tapatalk

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I think our formation doesn't work. Don't think it's a coincidence we've only won one game since we changed to 4-3-3. Our best football has come when we've played 4-4-1-1 or 4-4-2.

Locadia doesn't track back leaving us exposed on our left. Montoya doesn't have the relationship with March which leaves us exposed on the right. Gross isn't where he needs to be. Stephens isn't good enough. Combined, it makes us completely lacking in substance across the middle of the park. Murray, Dunk & Duffy can only do so much with little support.

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
Because Hughton insists on playing the exact same terrible line up week after week despite huge amounts of evidence that it just does not work.

Also, because the ref is a ****.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Stephens is still knocking it around like he's in the championship and doesn't realise everyone's that bit faster in thought and deed.

Montoya is not as good as Bruno, we're missing Izquierdo's pace and trickery, Gross can't hit a barn door.

Crucially, none of the big attacking signings have been properly integrated and this is a big worry.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
We’ve been shite all season bar 3 games. Played better last season. Got extremely lucky in games where deserved to lose but somehow won on a couple of occasions too. Also all our goals come from set plays now. Awful to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hazwaz

Jul 23, 2012
Hove
Gross is playing in the wrong position,no way can Propper ,Stephens or Gross turn defence into attack quick enough and then the other team formation is set again

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Players aren't good enough as a group.

Absolutely. Let’s not forget where Brighton have come from. A championship team with our better players retained with the weaker players replaced. The Premier League is a tough devision. We’ve been in a relegation fight since being promoted, nothing has changed.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The summer signings haven't really made much impact. We didn't improve on what we have. It's starting to show when we need to change things around.
No? Montoya and Bernardo have improved our FB options, and are gradually taking over from Bruno and Bong. Bissouma has got everyone pretty excited, and Andone was just starting to fire-up when his elbow got the better of him. Locadia (OK, he was a January signing, not a summer one, but he was injured for a chunk of last season) - OK, his flame flickered briefly a few weeks ago, but seems to be guttering a bit now; jury out, but gradually veering towards a thumbs-down. Ali J. - jury still out there too - again, injured a lot, but hasn't set anything alight yet. CBs were acquired as cover, and as such they're quite satisfactory, as are the GKs.
So, doesn't look like the summer window was a dud to me; we have been unlucky with injuries though, compared to last season when we were phenomenally lucky!

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We’ve been shite all season bar 3 games. Played better last season. Got extremely lucky in games where deserved to lose but somehow won on a couple of occasions too. Also all our goals come from set plays now. Awful to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to argue with such posts, not now.

26 PL games played and so few quality performances in those. The rest were some backs-to-walls jobs, together with a stack of outplayed losses.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
No? Montoya and Bernardo have improved our FB options, and are gradually taking over from Bruno and Bong. Bissouma has got everyone pretty excited, and Andone was just starting to fire-up when his elbow got the better of him. Locadia (OK, he was a January signing, not a summer one, but he was injured for a chunk of last season) - OK, his flame flickered briefly a few weeks ago, but seems to be guttering a bit now; jury out, but gradually veering towards a thumbs-down. Ali J. - jury still out there too - again, injured a lot, but hasn't set anything alight yet. CBs were acquired as cover, and as such they're quite satisfactory, as are the GKs.
So, doesn't look like the summer window was a dud to me; we have been unlucky with injuries though, compared to last season when we were phenomenally lucky!

I feel as if the signings we made have only strengthened positions we were already reasonably strong in anyway. The weaknesses in our team were ignored. We're crying out for pace upfront, a tough tackling centre midfielder, a winger who can cross from the byline and more leadership when going forward. It seems last summers signings were too focused on the future rather than the now.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here