Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mr Attwell, The Referee

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm looking forward to see how skilfully MOTD will gloss over it tonight, and I'm even more excited about watching Dermot Gallagher justifying it as perfectly correct on Ref Watch on SSN on Monday!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
A special mention for the lino in front of the East stand. How he missed the handball is anyone’s guess. It was completely blatant, and his job is to assist the ref. Ludicrous officiating

Agreed.....dozy old **** should have seen the handball.....not ball to hand but clearly hand to ball...so bleeding obvious, but the turnip kept his flag down

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Dyche outsmarted CH

That’s utterly untrue in reality.

His side were clinical with their chances - you have to hand them that. But your keeper being forced into making three first-half worldies isn’t down to outsmarting your opponent. Nor is getting away with two clear handballs in the box. We may not have done enough to deserve any luck, but luck absolutely had a huge bearing on the outcome.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Was interesting to watch GM go to shake hands with the officials at the end of the game...I'm not sure he managed it...but certainly was wagging his finger in the refs face

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Tom Heaton spent 70 minutes taking the piss out of him, most notably when rather than booking him he ran 50 yards to have a minute long chat with him.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That’s utterly untrue in reality.

His side were clinical with their chances - you have to hand them that. But your keeper being forced into making three first-half worldies isn’t down to outsmarting your opponent. Nor is getting away with two clear handballs in the box. We may not have done enough to deserve any luck, but luck absolutely had a huge bearing on the outcome.

On the overall match outlook, we’ll have to beg to disagree.

CH has admitted post match that the best team won. He may be a gentleman, but he very often argues that we were their equals when we lose.

Dunk, Duffy and Stephens had stinkers, Burnley run them ragged, turned them repeatedly on the wrong side, made them fall over.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
If I had a job and did it as poorly as those incompetent buffoons, I wouldn’t have a job still .

What yanks my chain about today the most is the fact that we were awarded a corner , the Burnley players went batshit at the main buffoon and he had a chat with the other buffoon and then gave a goal kick , now why on earth did we wait for them to get their penalty to go en masse batshit , I don’t fkn know but those clowns cost us at least a point today which in the scheme of things looks like we will need , fkn disgraceful officials who should spend the rest of the season in division 13 of the Sunday league .!

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
On the overall match outlook, we’ll have to beg to disagree.

CH has admitted post match that the best team won. He may be a gentleman, but he very often argues that we were their equals when we lose.

Dunk, Duffy and Stephens had stinkers, Burnley run them ragged, turned them repeatedly on the wrong side, made them fall over.

What did he say in his BT Sport interview?

His BBC Sport interview is very similar to what HKFC says: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47099270

Brighton boss Chris Hughton speaking to Match of the Day: "We were up against a Burnley team that play a particular way and are in good form at the moment.

"They also had a keeper who pulled off three very good saves.

"Those pivotal moments in front of goal, you have to take those chances and we haven't been able to do that in the last couple of games.

"But we should have had a blatant penalty at 2-0 [Hendrick handball] and Burnley go up the other end and score. The referee or linesman has got to see that.

"But we've got to be more clinical in the final third. We put in as many crosses as we have done all season but at the moment it's not going for us."

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Tom Heaton spent 70 minutes taking the piss out of him, most notably when rather than booking him he ran 50 yards to have a minute long chat with him.

That was quite amazing.. no booking, just another 30 seconds wasted having a nice little chinwag.. absolute buffoon of a referee.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A special mention for the lino in front of the East stand. How he missed the handball is anyone’s guess. It was completely blatant, and his job is to assist the ref. Ludicrous officiating

He had a clear line of sight. No excuse whatsoever.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
The 2 Burnley players taking the piss out of that handball as they walked off the pitch at the end says it all.
I have never seen that before, they were laughing and replicating the movement of the arm.
Attwell should never ref again it was worse than terrible.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Dyche outsmarted CH, the Albion team played awful, we were owned.

BT Sport said CH has openly admitted that the best team won.

Dunk and Duffy were exposed from the very beginning against a team that doesn’t rip to pieces any other PL team. Fulham did the same. Note: both bottom 3 teams. How did that happen?

This....to easy to blame the ref, although he was shite. The truth of the matter is that we weren't good enough, a yard off the pace all over the pitch and up against a keeper in top form and a team of "professionals" well versed in the dark arts. We looked like a bunch of kids.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
What did he say in his BT Sport interview?

His BBC Sport interview is very similar to what HKFC says: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47099270
Brighton boss Chris Hughton speaking to Match of the Day: "We were up against a Burnley team that play a particular way and are in good form at the moment.

"They also had a keeper who pulled off three very good saves.

"Those pivotal moments in front of goal, you have to take those chances and we haven't been able to do that in the last couple of games.

------

Well if you know they play in a particular way why the f*ck weren't we better prepared? Forget that the ref and his assistsnts had a stinker (they did). Forget that their goalkeeper had a MOM day. Hughton put the wrong starting 11 out and that did not address Burnley's 'particular way' or current form.

Stephens is a liability and has been most of this season despite that stupid fu*king song. Groß needs a rest or the formation needs changing to play to his strengths.

1 striker in the squad where we needed a minimum of three points is woeful. Locadia will never be a Premier League quality player all the while he has a hole in his backside.

Today was winnable. The fact we lost is down to poor coaching and poor managing. That more than dodgy refereeing and an in form goalleeper decided the outcome. Neutrals who watched the game with me were saying that Brighton have the look of a side devoid of ideas and will never recover from that first goal.

Happy Clappers form an orderly queue to berate me and tell me how lucky we are to have Classy Chrissy Hughton in charge of our club. I don't deny that he is a decent man. He is however very one dimensional and stubborn and that looks to be taking us down.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm looking forward to see how skilfully MOTD will gloss over it tonight, and I'm even more excited about watching Dermot Gallagher justifying it as perfectly correct on Ref Watch on SSN on Monday!

I usually prefer to read the analysis by Mark Halsey in The Sun on Sunday or Monday I think that he is more accurate and truthful than Dermot Gallagher and more knowledge able than MOTD pundits.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I usually prefer to read the analysis by Mark Halsey in The Sun on Sunday or Monday I think that he is more accurate and truthful than Dermot Gallagher and more knowledge able than MOTD pundits.

Gallagher always has the old cop-out, even for shocking decisions, that “in fairness to the officials, their line of sight was obscured”.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here