Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Hughton has done very poorly over the last month or so. His strategic and tactical decisions have been very poor, and are largely responsible for this dire form.

That said, I haven't forgot all the good work he has done before that. Many will though.

All the good he has done before I’ll b out of the window if he takes us down playing this shite football sometimes the truth hurts but it’s dire with no chance of it changing soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Must go back to 4-4-1-1. Rebuild the basics in the team... (Not letting goals in) and then slowly move forward. Back to dull, boring but effective football please. This trial of NSC-demanded 4-3-3 has to stop... We don't have the players to do it!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
1. If being 14th in the premier league, having not been in the relegation zone since August 2017, with all we have to do to stay up is match a Cardiff side who we are considerably better than and who we have a MUCH easier set of remaining fixtures than, is 'in serious trouble', than you and I share very different world-views. Form comes and goes and that amazing home record wasn't going to last forever - but we have enough about us to stay up.

2. Our first summer we overhauled the first XI, and thanks to being able to play them all season (no injuries) we stayed up. Second summer we added huge strength in depth to cover for more injuries and kept lowering the average age of our squad. Third summer I presume we'll add one, two or three high-quality pieces to the mix

The one, two or three must necessarily replace current players. Who?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I have no wish to throw gentleman Chris into the fire, but it is a little painful to witness us limp out of the starting blocks, and lack the fluidity and speed of thought that a little greater freedom might allow.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Amen to that. He and TB are building something here: sorry if it's not instant flashy - and probably short-lived - success
What exactly are they building? I would really like to know. We have gone backwards this season. In fact, we have gone backwards since beating Palace. That's not a building something that inspires.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What exactly are they building? I would really like to know. We have gone backwards this season. In fact, we have gone backwards since beating Palace. That's not a building something that inspires.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Exaggerating a bit. 4 points against $$$$ Everton and Arsenal was fine too.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Must go back to 4-4-1-1. Rebuild the basics in the team... (Not letting goals in) and then slowly move forward. Back to dull, boring but effective football please. This trial of NSC-demanded 4-3-3 has to stop... We don't have the players to do it!

I think this is right way for now

ukpolska

Dec 30, 2017
Warsaw, Poland
Is going to get us relegated. To keep picking the same innefective goal shy starting 11 is criminal at this level. Locadia and Gross have been terrible for weeks and still start. I want to know what he's smoking? We lack any bite whatsoever across the midfield. The most worrying thing is at the half way point of the season we only needed 3 wins and seem to have gone into cruise mode. That is 100% down to hughton.

Another huge issue is the club failing to improve on our strike force in the window. Not a single striker on the bench. Not good enough. I'm just glad I took 25/1 After the Fulham game. I'm beyond pessimistic.

Go and support another club then FFS

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Why would you want to keep a manager who is going to get us relegated?

Personally I think it’s too late to bring in anyone who would do any better and CH can certainly get us out of the championship. Let’s hope he learns from tonight and we see a big difference.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Almost two seasons in and the sad fact is that we’ve done almost nothing to enliven the Premier League. Nobody expected us to take the world by storm but it almost feels as though we haven’t tried. We’ve been so risk averse it’s been painful. I fear that the rest of the league will look at us as the new... Stoke. Brrr!

We came up with all the goodwill in the world on the back of our painful past. I can’t help but think we’ve squandered the goodwill dividend. Now we’re just another urchin with ideas above our station.

I haven’t a clue what I would have done differently though. I guess it really is tough at the top.

Sigh! A pointless, meandering post on my part I’m afraid. Matches how I am feeling about this season. We won’t event try and have a cup run now, will we?

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Chris has been in charge for a long time. The club, the player buys, squad, team selection, all of it is now his.

We outsmarted the others in the championship, and much to the surprise of many we stayed in the PL last season.

And we haven’t been too shabby this season.

But eventually if there is a weakness you get found out.

We are well drilled, very thoughtful. We have game plan that everyone understands. Including the opposition. Players are carefully selected to implement the plan.
Unfortunately you need to be disruptive, not predictable. We have no surprises. Disruptive strategy and play salvages weak sides (Palace, Everton…) and gives hope during duress.

If we go down, CH will get us back up in 1 or 2 seasons. Then what?

To paraphrase Albert Einstein, if you keep doing the same thing (every week) and expect a different outcome (from last time) , you are a ****ing idiot.

Sorry, but it is probably time to change the manager.

I absolutely hate to say this but I think you are more than probably correct in that assertion !

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
March was our most effective player. He takes him off and leaves Locadia on. Very strange decisions. Bernardo is also far better than Bong, particularly going forward. Some odd decsions by Chris for sure....

Think the March sub was due to the knock he took at the end of the first half

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Going through a bad phase is Hughton. But that happens. Any person mature of thought will just see that and recognise it. Too many clubs just make a change and it mostly doesn't work out.

I wouldn't sack him- even if we were relegated.

Sean Dyche is an example of such continuity.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
He has to stop playing Championship players in the PL not rocket science. £30m of technically better players on the bench is ****ing stupid, we won three in a row and then surprise he wants to play Stephens again which was harsh on Kayal. Pascal who gave us goals and assists last season was almost playing right back he was so deep today. CH has done well in the past now he’s out of his depth it happens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here