Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
March was injured - he tried to keep him on after half time but obvious straight away that he couldn't run off the problem so they made a quick change.
Yes, we know that, but that's not a good enough reason for some on here tonight!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
What I think is the case is Burnley exploited our weakness, which is we can't deal with teams who press us and force us back, like Bunrley did first half. We look clueless without options, and just leads to Duffy and Dunk passing it between each other for a couple of minutes with no escape route. This has been our biggest weakness for the duration of Hughton's reign (Wagner exploited it every time we played him) and it's surprising he hasn't been able to find a solution to this.

But it's also not Hughton's fault we have Izquierdo out, Andone suspended thanks to his own stupidity, our best player today having to go off injured and us failing to take the chances we did create.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
We are lower Premier League at best - so, he's a good match for us; what's the problem? We're not going to get the likes of Klopp/Poch etc.

I disagree. I believe we are a mid-level Prem team at best, given the right starting 11 and tactics.
My main point in my original post is (despite how much I genuinely want Hughton to succeed with us) I do not believe Hughton is the man you want in a relegation fight.
Fairly one dimensional, defensive, with regular poor tactics and team selection choices.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
**** off you ****.

Today’s game was lost by Brighton’s ability to put away chances. Heaton made 4 excellent saves when the game was in the balance. Their first goal was a result of a defensive error, started by Murray loosing the ball. Their second was a very fortunate deflection and their third was a penalty... immediately after Brighton were denied a stonewall penalty. No fault of Chris.

Do you think we are getting it right tactically at the moment ? Genuinely interested

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Chris Hughton has just said, we are still learning in this league.
That is the right positive answer to the BT interviewer, who was trying to get him to say something controversial.
That is the class of the man.

Are Wolves still learning?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Chris Hughton has just said, we are still learning in this league.
That is the right positive answer to the BT interviewer, who was trying to get him to say something controversial.
That is the class of the man.
He needs to learn very very quickly that picking the same players who are in shocking form is going to get us relegated.

To still have the same 11 responsible for the Fulham disgrace out there two games and no wins later is inexcusable.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Love Hughton. It's the pathetic approach when we've been 2 up at West Ham and Fulham that has really pissed me off though and he's part if that problem.

Albion Prem

Nov 23, 2018
Lindfield
Is going to get us relegated. To keep picking the same innefective goal shy starting 11 is criminal at this level. Locadia and Gross have been terrible for weeks and still start. I want to know what he's smoking? We lack any bite whatsoever across the midfield. The most worrying thing is at the half way point of the season we only needed 3 wins and seem to have gone into cruise mode. That is 100% down to hughton.

Another huge issue is the club failing to improve on our strike force in the window. Not a single striker on the bench. Not good enough. I'm just glad I took 25/1 After the Fulham game. I'm beyond pessimistic.

You seem to ignore the fact that we are small fry in this league, the Premier is in fact two leagues the top ten are chasing the top four places and the remaining teams are trying to keep above the relegation zone.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Are Wolves still learning?

I don't remember mentioning Wolves!

He needs to learn very very quickly that picking the same players who are in shocking form is going to get us relegated.

To still have the same 11 responsible for the Fulham disgrace out there two games and no wins later is inexcusable.

Granted.
But we are no Liverpool etc.. who have bigger squads to choose from.
We are BHAFC, where we have to use what we have IMO

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
OK then, how many years since it last happened? (it's quite a few). Then maybe you can tell us al how often (not very) it actually happens, and who they were. It ain't common.

How many years since it happened? One.

Huddersfield last season. Coasting before Christmas and managed just 2 wins between Mid-December and Easter. Looking awfully familiar.

Short memory?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
You seem to ignore the fact that we are small fry in this league, the Premier is in fact two leagues the top ten are chasing the top four places and the remaining teams are trying to keep above the relegation zone.
You've actually completely ignored what I said. I agree with everything you've said and the margins of success and failure are hugely down to managerial decisions. Hughtons are currently terrible.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I don't remember mentioning Wolves!

Granted.
But we are no Liverpool etc.. who have bigger squads to choose from.
We are BHAFC, where we have to use what we have IMO
Ali J
Bissouma
Bernardo
Kayal
Knockaert

All of the above had a very strong case to be ahead of Gross, Bong, Stephens and Locadia.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here