Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] West Indies v England 3rd Test

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
In the first inning of this series, Sir Jimmy Anderson bowled 30 overs, taking 5 wickets for 46 runs.

I think that probably deserves to be considered an 'exception' too...
Correct of course. What happens when he retires? We are going to be shithouse for a good few years.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Don't agree, surely Archer, Woakes, Wood and Stokes isn't a bad attack when Anderson & Broad have gone?
We haven't seen much of Stone either, he was called up ahead of Wood until he got injured.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Don't agree, surely Archer, Woakes, Wood and Stokes isn't a bad attack when Anderson & Broad have gone?

The Curran brothers will only get better. Right / Left arm opening attack.

Our problem long term is quality spin, hopefully Virdi will fit the bill.

You can tell I have no biase to Surrey ��

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think that if still in bat we should declare and have 30 = 45 mins bowling at them before tea.

Tea ?? ??? We're almost 500 ahead now, it'll be 650 or more if we're still in at lunch at this rate. I could be wrong, but I think that might be enough.

Edit - declared, Windies need 485 to win.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
361/5 - Root out, great innings

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Tea ?? ??? We're almost 500 ahead now, it'll be 650 or more if we're still in at lunch at this rate. I could be wrong, but I think that might be enough.

Edit - declared, Windies need 485 to win.

I would have carried on for another hour and old them to throw the bat 20/20 style just to make sure of an ungettable target. not saying we havent enough already but just to be sure.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I would have carried on for another hour and old them to throw the bat 20/20 style just to make sure of an ungettable target. not saying we havent enough already but just to be sure.

Still nowhere near tea - they aren't due lunch until 4pm our time. Highest test chase EVER is 418.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Declared WI need 485 to win, oh dear 5/1

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Day off for everyone tomorrow

Not sure how many batsman they have it was 9 yesterday as one got a nasty injury running for the ball and another a finger or hand injury

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here