Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Burnley *** Official Match Thread ***

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Brighton & Hove Albion vs Burnley *** Official Match Thread ***

I said we have not played well, I can see that and clear penalties are often not given, but 3!
Come off it, and you call me clueless.
Sometimes you can play badly and win because of the law regarding penalties.
But overall we did not play well, but on the other hand we had outstanding chances only kept out by 2 world class saves.
Week in week out it's all negativity and moan moan moan.

Because week in, week out we’ve been poor for the majority of this season yet picked up some lucky wins and it was obvious our luck was going to end at some point as it has recently. And yet the manager has refused to do anything about it.

I was actually really positive about the Bournemouth away game we lost as we started that game brilliantly and I think if we’d carried on with that starting 11 and tactic from then, we wouldn’t be in this position but CH just reverted to type and now we’re in a bit of a mess.

Believe me, I really don’t want to be negative, I was hugely postive last season even when we lost but I think we’ve gone backwards this season and it’s been hugely frustrating to witness.

We’re in a great postion to be able to really kick on as a top club, everything is in place, but I’ve been really concerned by our performances all season. I genuinly don’t think the manager is making the most of the players at his disposal and at the monent, unless he makes some changes, I think we’re going down.

Yes he ref was useless today but so were we and we are most weeks.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Until Knockaert came on we had no pace in the side, by the time we got the ball up to Murray he was surrounded. We need Izquierdo back in the side quickly and for Hughton to stop playing favourites and shake it up a bit

Yep bang right there.
We need Izzy back and knocky to start.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Because week in, week out we’ve been poor for the majority of this season yet picked up some lucky wins and it was obvious our luck was going to end at some point as it has recently. And yet the manager has refused to do anything about it.

I was actually really positive about the Bournemouth away game we lost as we started that game brilliantly and I think if we’d carried on with that starting 11 and tactic from then, we wouldn’t be in this position but CH just reverted to type and now we’re in a bit of a mess.

Believe me, I really don’t want to be negative, I was hugely postive last season even when we lost but I think we’ve gone backwards this season and it’s been hugely frustrating to witness.

We’re in a great postion to be able to really kick on as a top club, everything is in place, but I’ve been really concerned by our performances all season. I genuinly don’t think the manager is making the most of the players at his disposal and at the monent, unless he makes some changes, I think we’re going down.

I agree we played badly tonight.
I agree that something has not been right for some time.
I agree that Stevens and locadia were hopeless today.
I agree we had no pace until knocky came on.
But we gave them a goal because Dunk slipped over.
And you can't ignore the officials they were shocking.
Heaton played out of his skin as did Foster.
What we should all be saying tonight is that we were awful but we really escaped due to Burnley giving us 2 (3) penalties against 10 men.
It's not arse licking, dem de facts.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
The way I see it we have to make a decision are we going 433 or 4411 . To me we are stuck between the 2 and we need to make a decision one way or the other to proceed.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Agree to an extent but also would say that’s all too common a theme of late with mistakes and poor decision making at both ends of the pitch

Would like to see us go back 4-5-1 from a solid base of not conceding and cut out the schoolboy errors and build back up from there

Steve McManaman kept repeating himself tonight that our build up play is TOO SLOW, and he is right. When we went up a gear in the second half we enjoyed sustained possession and might have grabbed a point. Burnley are a team in form, well organised and took their chances.

The other point is that despite spending millions on Locadia, Andone, Ali J and Bissouma we still rely on Murray and now our second highest scorer is Duffy.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
That's a very, very disappointing result to wake up to.

No self respecting team should be conceding seven goals in quick succession to Fulham and Burnley. That's even more alarming than the defeats.

A few weeks ago we were in a really good position where it needed a run of disastrous results/form for us to be relegated. We're now in the middle of precisely that and if we don't turn it round we're going to be in huge trouble - a team on a downward spiral that can't stop conceding.

Jovis

Mar 30, 2012
Two home league games in a row we have faced inspired keepers, it can't keep happening

I think they are just making saves you’d expect top keepers to make. If March doesn’t put that shot straight at Heaton, he doesn’t save it.

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
I cannot believe that I'm having to repeat ad nauseum the fact that Hughton has a ceiling to his talents, and he hit it ages ago when we got promoted.

Since then he has never developed any new player we've bought into one that looks anything like Premier League quality, hence we needed to buy every new player with previous Premier League experience (we did not), not have to develop them after they arrived from some obscure team from wherever in the world.

Then Hughton plays the game with one player up front, basically forcing us to play with one hand tied behind our backs, this then accounts for why we built up a great defence so as to give us a chance of at least winning or drawing enough matches by not conceding too many goals.

This tactic is now falling apart mainly because defensively we are facing too many threats from opponents throughout the game due to poor ball retention up front and in midfield thus Dunk, Duffy and co are knackered from a long season of doing all the hard work for the team whilst the slackers like Gross and Stephens (to name but two) just jog around doing f*** all to help the cause.

Result...A potentially f***ing disastrous end to what looked like a good season midway through it, and Hughton has not a clue on how to change it.

matumaini

Feb 25, 2018
Bong has played well but my god he can't cross. I include that straight lofted one that found March at the beginning. Wrap your foot Around it mate!!!!
Ergh no the ball to March was a clean strike, I would recommend you take another look on the box. Criticise - although get it right hey.

Sent from my HUAWEI G7-L01 using Tapatalk

matumaini

Feb 25, 2018
That's why he should never start when Bernardo is fit.
What the hell has Bernardo got to do with it, I think you need to focus on more pressing concerns in other areas of the park then a full back coming back in!!!!!

matumaini

Feb 25, 2018
I hate people who get annoyed when their post is questioned but try actually reading what was written?

We did start the game poorly.
Bernardo clearly needs to start if we want to offer a threat in open play. Bong actually played quite well but he offers next to nothing offensively. We are narrow and full backs offer width.
Bissouma? What exactly did he do wrong in midweek not to start today? Please don't give me the tired nonsense, he's 21? He goes past people and err shoots sometimes? Look at our goals from midfield this season its not good enough...
Dunk's slip is exactly that, but neither FB is close enough to affect the rest of the goal. 2nd goal where is the covering defensive midfield player? We are playing 5 in midfeld? Surely one of them could've put a decent challenge in?
Who said I was unhappy with Murray? What I said was we have insufficent options now Andone is out for 3 games and Locadia is not good enough.
Never mentioned the Watford game at all so fail to see the relevence? But look at the chances we do create? Too few are from open play.
Poor summary

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here