Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Burnley *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Losing to the bottom teams has dragged us into a relegation battle.

Who'd have ever thought losing to the bottom teams would drag us into a relegation battle? That's top punditry, you should be on the telly!

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Anyone who makes excuses about penalties / ref etc is missing the point. We were well beat by a better-organised, physically stronger team.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
The ref was shocking, but so was our midfield.

The team looks a bit rudderless at the moment, everything is too slow and ponderous and we're making stupid mistakes at the back.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Worst performance by a Referee this season and probably for several but

Wrong team
Lacklustre start
Defence that suddenly looks error strewn
Lack of Viable options up front at least for the next 3 games
Midfield that struggles to create a chance in open play

There are questions to answer and very little time in which to do so...
Incorrect on several counts.

Brighton started very well, dominated the first 6 minuets.

What would your team be?

True. Errors have cost us. You could argue Dunk’s slip is unfortunate and the deflection for their second was lucky.

Not happy with Murray’s goals?

We are creating chances from midfield. Groß created 10 (TEN) verses Watford. Heaton made 4 excellent saves today, by chances created. The issue is finishing.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
#HeatonForEngland

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Worst performance by a Referee this season and probably for several but

Wrong team
Lacklustre start
Defence that suddenly looks error strewn
Lack of Viable options up front at least for the next 3 games
Midfield that struggles to create a chance in open play

There are questions to answer and very little time in which to do so...
I'm wondering what the manager and coaches get up to at the club's State of the Art, £35 Million Centre of Excellence?

Yet another "ooo we were robbed by the ref" performance. F*ck you Albion, thoroughly pissed off with you right now.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Which of our players are lacklustre?

I think we have a good Premier League squad. Our recent form has come about through awful tactical decisions.

No disrespect to CH, but he has been very poor over the last month and a bit.

Let’s debate this. Why aren’t these players lacklustre at PL standard at the moment?

Locadia
Stephens
Knockaert
Gross

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Absolutely nothing went for us today. Nothing.

That’s the way I see it. If nothing goes your way you lose at this level. Gutted but not willing to throw in the towel and call for changes to the management. Far to much over reaction imo. It doesn’t look great but who didn’t expect to be in a relegation battke pre season?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Two home league games in a row we have faced inspired keepers, it can't keep happening

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Time to pull off our trick of bagging a win or two just when things start to get hairy. Served us well last season. Let's start again tonight.

Ignore me and heed the wisdom of Private Hudson... “We’re in some real pretty shit right now” :tantrum:

stingray

Jan 23, 2018
very poor performance, form is relegation form. Burnley are a pain to play against yes but this was way off what we'll need in the run in. V concerning. Too many players playing passive football, Knocky the only one with imagination.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Incorrect on several counts.

Brighton started very well, dominated the first 6 minuets.

What would your team be?

True. Errors have cost us. You could argue Dunk’s slip is unfortunate and the deflection for their second was lucky.

Not happy with Murray’s goals?

We are creating chances from midfield. Groß created 10 (TEN) verses Watford. Heaton made 4 excellent saves today, by chances created. The issue is finishing.

I hate people who get annoyed when their post is questioned but try actually reading what was written?

We did start the game poorly.
Bernardo clearly needs to start if we want to offer a threat in open play. Bong actually played quite well but he offers next to nothing offensively. We are narrow and full backs offer width.
Bissouma? What exactly did he do wrong in midweek not to start today? Please don't give me the tired nonsense, he's 21? He goes past people and err shoots sometimes? Look at our goals from midfield this season its not good enough...
Dunk's slip is exactly that, but neither FB is close enough to affect the rest of the goal. 2nd goal where is the covering defensive midfield player? We are playing 5 in midfeld? Surely one of them could've put a decent challenge in?
Who said I was unhappy with Murray? What I said was we have insufficent options now Andone is out for 3 games and Locadia is not good enough.
Never mentioned the Watford game at all so fail to see the relevence? But look at the chances we do create? Too few are from open play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here